how watch camera at max quality?

Trigun

n3wb
Reaction score
i installed the BI software on a server, but i noticed a large quality loss (i notice it when i zoom) when i try to watch the live or the recorded video with ui3
how i can watch a single camera at full quality/raw ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i installed the BI software on a server, but i noticed a large quality loss (i notice it when i zoom) when i try to watch the live or the recorded video with ui3
how i can watch a single camera at full quality/raw ?

Trigun

n3wb
Reaction score
that topic was talking about the multiview camera, i was talking on a single camera, the quality is "good" but not like it should be

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that topic was talking about the multiview camera, i was talking on a single camera, the quality is "good" but not like it should be
  • On the single camera that you're not pleased with, have you set up the main stream and the sub stream in the camera's webGUI?
  • Can you post a screenshot of that cam in Blue Iris' "camera settings" => "Video" tab => "configuration" that shows the URLs for the 2 streams?
  • In UI3 what is the selected "streaming quality" on the left side?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI3's streaming profiles with "VBR" in the name are configured to use relatively low quality and low bit rate limit in order to work more efficiently over slow or data-capped networks.

If you have the bandwidth to spare, the non-VBR profiles such as "2160p" are much higher quality.
Specifically the 2160p profile defines that the stream should use:
  • Quality: 50 (you will be tempted to set quality to 100 but doing so will not help meaningfully, and may cause stability problems)
  • Max Width: 3840
  • Max Height: 2160
  • Max Bit Rate (Kbps): 8192

You can edit this and other profiles via UI3's main menu > Streaming Profiles:

1698157737210.png

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
There's no way I know of where the camera will transmit raw uncompressed video. If you don't need to see the full frame, ROI can sometimes make a huge difference, as well as running the highest possible bitrate of course.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There's no way I know of where the camera will transmit raw uncompressed video. If you don't need to see the full frame, ROI can sometimes make a huge difference, as well as running the highest possible bitrate of course.
Yeah ROI (region of interest) can do amazing work when the camera is otherwise too limited by its own bit rate or simply has a badly tuned encoder. The problem is of course, for all the quality gains in the region of interest, you lose at least as much quality from everywhere else.