HP Business Refub Selloff - For BI

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Woot Computers just got a replenished inventory in (they were out a week ago) of HP Business machines - I3's and i5 for Sub $300 with Win10Pro. I've picked up 3 of the I5 6300's in the past for our office when they were $199 on sale and they are great. The cases are normally repainted a flat black, but the insides look brand new/super clean. I pull the standard HD and toss in Solid States then use their Win10Pro key and away I go.

@fenderman can chime in if these deals are worth it for BI Hardware, but I see so much talk about people needing inexpensive I5's for BI I thought these might work/help out. If these are junk @fenderman and not helpful for BI, I'll kill the thread.

Lenovo, HP, Dell Business Class Computers

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some decent deals, but a lot of them are pretty old and don't have much value.
look up intel cpu's here: Intel® Product Specifications
look at when it was released and if it has quick video sync.
Then check a benchmark site

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea, I know most of the CPU's are Gen 1 sometimes 2, so I figured that might be an issue for BI. However, I can tell you that for a business PC once you put a SSD in I boot to and login the domain with windows desktop ready and running in 10 seconds or less. They put the AMD machines I've junked to shame - I have junked 3.0GHz AMD machines that took a few minutes to boot, login to domain, and get to fully functional desktop.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the one's I've been picking up for office PC's would fit the bill.
HP 6300 Pro Intel Core i5, 500GB MT Desktop - $249.99 + $5 standard shipping
Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz) Product Specifications
Intel Core i5 3470
Intel Core i5-3470 performance
PassMark - Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz - Price performance comparison

3rd generation so prob a little more power hungry but for $250 doesn't seem like a bad purchase - even more if they drop to $199 like they did last time when I picked them up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, overpriced..for 300, you can pickup an i5-6500 skylake based machine..the 2nd and third gen pc's they have there should be priced at 100-150...