HP ML110 G7 running BlueIris

ericrw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, i recycled one of our old server and now running BlueIris with 13 cameras, the CPU sit at 21% and Ram 1.36G/16G.
I restricted the framerate to 12 but BlueIris seem to still run very slow and unresponsive.

Was thinking to install SSD as OS and have the videos record to another WD Purple Drive.

Would this improve the overall system? Or do you have any other suggestions beside SSD?
The system is currently running windows 7 Pro x64. Also setup to direct to disc already.

Thanks,
Eric

edit - could someone move my thread to BI subforum instead? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're on a HDD now, moving the OS and BI to an SSD will def improve performance.

What's the processor information on this machine?

ericrw

n3wb
Reaction score
If you're on a HDD now, moving the OS and BI to an SSD will def improve performance.

What's the processor information on this machine?
yes, the OS and BI is on HDD. The CPU is Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.3ghz.
I just wasn't sure if the SDD will handle so many write or read due to constant recording x15 cameras.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Modern ones can, the recent data shows that they are fine. But for cost effectiveness, most purchase a 120-250gb SSD drive just for the OS and BI and then another surveillance grade HDD to store the actual video on. U can get the best of both worlds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericrw

n3wb
Reaction score
Modern ones can, the recent data shows that they are fine. But for cost effectiveness, most purchase a 120-250gb SSD drive just for the OS and BI and then another surveillance grade HDD to store the actual video on. U can get the best of both worlds

Great. Good to know that latest SSD can do it. Yes only planning to have OS and BI on SSD.
All the recordings will be directly on WD Purple Drive that i have.

Thanks.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great. Good to know that latest SSD can do it. Yes only planning to have OS and BI on SSD.
All the recordings will be directly on WD Purple Drive that i have.

Thanks.
That's exactly what I use. 120gb SSD has Windows 10 Pro, BI, BI Tools, some browsers and that's it. BI records direct to disk on a 4TB WD HDD. Works great so far.