Hsl stream resolution in url

Reaction score
In ui3 I was able to get the hsl stream address and open in its own unique tab as just a stream and no ui. Put a url shortcut on my phone and it goes right to it. Very simple for the misses. Question is, can I put a resolution tag in the url? Its defaulting to 1080 and I'd like to take it down to 480 when viewing the stream over mobile.

Also for some reason the ui shows only 12-15fps in the stream. Is this normal if the camera is running at 25fps? Bitrate is only about 90-100kbps according to blue iris. I should have enough cpu and network capacity to get the full 25. (It does 12fps over wifi too)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Frame rates usually match the camera when you are streaming a single camera using H.264, but can be lower if your server is very slow or overloaded or if you have manually set a frame rate for the stream in UI3' streaming profile.

Camera groups have their own independent FPS limit here:

Reaction score
Frame rates usually match the camera when you are streaming a single camera using H.264, but can be lower if your server is very slow or overloaded or if you have manually set a frame rate for the stream in UI3' streaming profile.

Camera groups have their own independent FPS limit here:
I should have plenty of head room. .ill check the fps settings when I get home.

In regards to the streaming 0 profile, I noticed in ui3 you can select which resolution you want on the fly. I'd like to leave the stream primarily at 1080 , but I lose the ability to select on the fly when I open the hls stream in its own tab. In other words, i don't want to set the streaming profile to 480 permanently. Times im on lan or home on wifi 1080 is great. I have 4k cameras coming that I want to do the same thing with. That's why I was trying to determine if there is a way to put 480 in the url. Or maybe select a different streaming profile?

I don't think I've seen the streaming 0 profile yet so if this is obvious when you get in there, sorry. Lol.

Reaction score
Ok so I went into the streaming profiles, and I set the max bit rate for 1080p at 1024kbps. I set 720 for 512 and 480 for 256. Is also went to groups and set the max frame rate to 25. (matching the camera)

(now im home on wifi) So if I open up UI3, now I have a nice 1080 picture. very smooth. for some reason UI3 still reports 25-33fps, but it doesn't dip below 24. If I open blue iris status window, it shows that I am connected to a device at approx. 1200kbps @ 25.2 fps.

However, in UI3 when I click the image and select open HLS stream, that drops down to 800kbps, and 0.35fps. This 0.35 cant be right however, the picture is still fluid. Im not sure why this is.

I will head to town later this afternoon and try this over cellular and see what happens. I still down know how to open the direct live stream in 720 but the lower bit rate might be good enough.