HTTP port on SADP grayed out!

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
The HTTP port using the SADP tool for a hikvision camera is grayed out! I am unable to alter the port, instead it is stuck on port 0. This means I can't access the page to alter settings in anyways...Any idea what is wrong here?

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I would guess it just never loaded the http port information from the camera, and that the camera is actually listing on the default port (80).

lynxnebi

n3wb
Reaction score
I wish that were the case...I can't access its configuration page. I already have my network set to the same subnet as the camera.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I could never get SADP to work. Per some notes I wrote myself:
IP to 192.0.0.101 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0 on a PC on the same network (no need to change the rest of the network--just the PC would do it), then login to default 192.0.0.64 with a browser and it should bring up the camera login: admin/12345. Then in the camera change it to DHCP, revert your PC network settings back to what they were, and now you can pull the camera up from other devices normally. I'd lock down its IP on the router so that it always has the same one, or you could do it on the camera itself, but I prefer cam on DHCP and lock at router level.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Your screenshot is showing the camera is in 'mini system' mode, that's a recovery mode after an bad firmware update.
No web server and no apps run in that mode - just a bare Linux kernel.
The fix is to update with compatible firmware.
The giveaway is the software version of '4.0.8', and the serial number will have 'min-system' embedded.

er_kapil

n3wb
Reaction score
Good eye! I will go ahead and find the right firmware.
hi there, I am stuck with "4.0.8" as well, did you managed to sort it out ? I tried TFTP and downloaded the version 5.3.9 did everything the guide said, but still no joy. it's still stuck on 4.0.8. Would really appreciate any help.
cheers.