Huisun 10x latest recommendation

dalepa

Reaction score
My 2 Huisun 10x V1s have been doing great now on the hostile saltwater coast for over 8 months. I'm looking to add another one, V2...

One of the greatest benefits of the Huisun 10x cams is that they don't attract spiders. I can't keep the spiders off of my hikvision cams. So far, no webs on the 10Xs

Any recomendationed vendors and aliexpress links for V2 10x?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
My v2s are keep going, same with Longse cams no complaints. The only thing they lack in comparison to Hikvision is firmware updates with new features.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
£100 / $140 for one of these is a mini bargain compared to DS-2CD2042WD-I for example.

- - - Updated - - -

I now have 4 V1's and they are doing just fine.
I wouldn't be swapping for V2s, not enough difference.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
£100 / $140 for one of these is a mini bargain compared to DS-2CD2042WD-I for example.
Funny you should mention that. I have a DS_2CD2042WD-I 4mm in a location that I would be better off with the 6mm version. However I am seriously thinking of just replacing it with a Huisun 10X. The pricing is so close as to not really matter.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. I have a DS_2CD2042WD-I 4mm in a location that I would be better off with the 6mm version. However I am seriously thinking of just replacing it with a Huisun 10X. The pricing is so close as to not really matter.
If it's covering your main entrance then I might still be tempted with a fixed lens Hik.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hik would be the last cam I would consider for outdoors anywhere. As a matter of fact I wouldn't even consider it, I would put Dahua on the 3rd place after Huisun/Longse.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hik would be the last cam I would consider for outdoors anywhere. As a matter of fact I wouldn't even consider it, I would put Dahua on the 3rd place after Huisun/Longse.
Could you elaborate on that? I'm looking at some Hiks \ LTS at the moment...They both seem to get pretty good reviews on their cameras in general for the most part. All of my cameras would be outdoor....Why are you saying they would not be good for outdoor use?!

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One of the greatest benefits of the Huisun 10x cams is that they don't attract spiders.
I had not heard this. Any idea why that is? They do have IR LEDs, don't they? I have the same trouble with Hikvision cams and spiders. I even bought a feather duster with a telescoping pole (up to 22' reach) to deal with it so I don't have to get up on a ladder every time.

dalepa

Reaction score
I'm not sure why spiders are not attracted to the Huisun V1, maybe a different wavelength IR or the way the IR's are behind the glass covers. Spiders are a major problem where I'm located on the coast requiring an almost daily cleaning on the Hikvision cams. Zero problems with spiders on the Huisun Mini V1.

I had not heard this. Any idea why that is? They do have IR LEDs, don't they? I have the same trouble with Hikvision cams and spiders. I even bought a feather duster with a telescoping pole (up to 22' reach) to deal with it so I don't have to get up on a ladder every time.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 4 Hik turrets and all fine and I just got a Imporx 10x v2 I do like it well see tonight as its on the house chimney mount.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's covering your main entrance then I might still be tempted with a fixed lens Hik.
I have 3 cars in the drive way and for this particular camera I would like to get a little more facial recognition. This camera sets a little further back than the others so I think a 6mm would do the trick. So would the Huisun 10X.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
a few high powered IR LED's with a tight spread will surely attract far less bugs than a bunch of led's on a board spewing IR indiscriminately and flooding the area all around the lens with IR.

compared to anything with a ring of led's or just the simple through hole diodes the 'LXIR' style surface mount LED's are much less of a spider problem.. on the front of the camera, and in the inches directly infront of it.. there is very little light to be had in comparison, because its actually making an effort to cast it out where its needed instead of each led emitting light in an omnidirectional pattern.

a bullet or dome with through hole LED's is basically just bathing the entire face of the camera in IR, spiders cant resist such a prime spot.

Bad IR:

Good IR:

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 3 cars in the drive way and for this particular camera I would like to get a little more facial
recognition. This camera sets a little further back than the others so I think a 6mm would do the trick. So would the Huisun 10X.
Go for the imporx 10x v2 and you won't regret it. I have to admit the quality is very good and it will remove the guess work of what lens you think will work.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have a Hikvision NVR then you really shouldn't put Dahua on it for simplicity and maintenance sake. I wouldn't put a Longse rubbish thing on either but it's an option for some.

The advantages of a Hik or Huisun camera is that they are very compatible with the NVR. I wouldn't put my Huisun anywhere near my front door but I live in UK/EU and you guys in America need to understand that bigger isn't better for us over here - discreet is actually a consideration.

If you know the right lens length then fixed lens will be better.