Huisun 2016 2.0 mp hi speed dome need help!

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys/girls,

I,m Robert aka Tjobbie from the Netherlands and i just bought a 2mp ptz wiper speed dome from Huisun.
just arrived today so start playing with it right away.
Loving it so far but am bit of a noob with setting up the internet stuff.
The cam is working fine via the LAN with the web interface.
So i tried to get contact to the cam from the WAN side, so i gave my router a ddns, and put a port-forward in the router using http protocol port 80.
when i try to contact the webinterface it shows up just fine followed by input of the user/ password and get in the webinterface without any problem.
I can make all the adjustments and control the ptz but i have no image???
the udp tcp setting is also a mistery to me?
So in short:
webinterface local Lan ok, settings-yes, image yes.
webinterface remote wan ok settings-yes, image no.
can someone shed some light please:)
any help would be appreciated.

Cheerz!

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi,
with which device you try to see live view? smartphone, pc. If is pc what browser use you to connect it ? On smartphone which app do you use ?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tnx guys, I managed to get it working yesterday night but what a nightmare! Did all the port forwarding etc. Still nothing. Turned out there was a router firewall setting also which hold back the video data... But it works! Still have enough questions but need to work out some more before I get there. Thanks guys!

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
tjobbie, I'm interested in the camera you purchased. From where did you purchase it? How long did shipping take? Do you have the link?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, 3 questions for you (I'm asking everyone that purchases the domes this as there's different model numbers and disagreement on specs)

1. How many degrees will yours tilt above the horizon? Does it go to -10 or what?

2. If you go to the Exposure setting and "manual", what is the slowest shutter speed available? Is it 1/30? 1/25? or does it go lower than that?

3. Is there anything under the exposure menu about "slow shutter"

The specs says the shutter goes down to 1 second, but I've yet to find any of these domes that actually offer below 1/25; though I did note on a similar dome using Hikvision firmware, 1/25 was the lowest it offered, but also had a "slow shutter" setting and had options from *1 to *8

Thanks!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, 3 questions for you (I'm asking everyone that purchases the domes this as there's different model numbers and disagreement on specs)

1. How many degrees will yours tilt above the horizon? Does it go to -10 or what?

2. If you go to the Exposure setting and "manual", what is the slowest shutter speed available? Is it 1/30? 1/25? or does it go lower than that?

3. Is there anything under the exposure menu about "slow shutter"

The specs says the shutter goes down to 1 second, but I've yet to find any of these domes that actually offer below 1/25; though I did note on a similar dome using Hikvision firmware, 1/25 was the lowest it offered, but also had a "slow shutter" setting and had options from *1 to *8

Thanks!
I think what you may find is that there is 2 modules available for this camera.
There's the generic Sony one which is the standard huisun one you see 99% of the time.

There is also the option to use a hikvision module which is an option when you ask and also more expensive. (This module runs proper hik firmware)

What you may be seeing is the classic case of mixed up specs taken from the hikvision module

Although pure speculation.
I know my speed dome doesn't have a slow shutter setting

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
slowest shutter speed is 1/25, i cannot find any slow shutter setting.
tilt setting 0-180

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is also the option to use a hikvision module which is an option when you ask and also more expensive. (This module runs proper hik firmware)
I wish i knew this before.. would the one with Hik firmware also have the great working auto tracking i see on youtube vids?
this unit is great 2, but the software has some issues, and the autotrack works but isn't great.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wish i knew this before.. would the one with Hik firmware also have the great working auto tracking i see on youtube vids?
this unit is great 2, but the software has some issues, and the autotrack works but isn't great.
I would assume the auto track would be the same whichever module you choose.
I think what you have to realise is that is there is only so much that a compute eg firmware/software can do to determine what it should/should not follow.
Also I have seen worse tracking feature with cameras that at 10x the price.
Don't forget that the samples will be captured under 100% ideal surroundings and situations.
For example
My speed dome is mounted at the front of my property and there is no obstacles like trees etc in view.
Mine peformes great. It's not 100% but it fits it's purpose.

My old man's is on the front of his property and next door has a overhanging large plant/small tree
Which when it's windy can cause a problem.
There road is also a lot busier than mine so the camera sometimes tries to follow everything which ultimately it cannot do so tries to choose the most ideal thing based on its pre defined settings and user defined settings.

Until somebody comes up with a budget heat sensor that can determine human from greenery and eliminate the dreaded cats I think we are getting close to as good as we can taking into account the price range we are dealing with

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i understand but see the following:
good tracking action!
would be great to "see" where the cam is locking on.

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
CORRECTION, there is a extra menu in the OSD in which you can set the cam to -10 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i understand but see the following:
good tracking action!
would be great to "see" where the cam is locking on.
Yes it is but I stand by my original statement this is ideal surrounding and only 1 thing moving at a time.
Also the zones are firmware related and not the module itself.

You can see this by looking through the various changes on the hikvision cameras that add line detection and zone detection.

This also may be from a high end hikvision costing the earth.

My speed dome from huisun whilst not as smooth would track from that scene.

Granted it would not track a fast moving car but again this could be tweaked in the firmware.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also put 2 or 3 people into the zone and maybe a cat
Then what would it track? As it can't track them all.

Again I think we all need to reflect on what we are playing with here.
It's a budget camera that gives a lot of features for the price.
Whilst it's not going to be ideal for everyone it covers most bases for most people.

My situation is as follows.
I have it set on to my car. (Which without wanting to come across as a d**k is my most expensive possession barring my house) costing £30,000.
It will lock onto and track anyone snooping around it and zoom into the target.
I'm not bothered about the car that speeds past because in my situation it is irrelevant.
If it is to do with the situation of the subject then at some point it has to stop.
By which time I will have a good profile of the culprit and also the car and depending on angle a plate as well.

Could I get better? Sure
Am I prepared to spend that sort of cash for something that may or may not yield better results? I'm not sure I am.
Again will it last? Who knows

It's the gamble we take for being adopters of unknown and untested brands.

I'm happy with the performance and results it's giving so to me it's worthy.
To some it may not be enough.
To which my advice would again be spend more money

If this comes across as snotty it's not meant to be or a rant
It's just mearly pointing out all angles and different perspectives of expectations and reality.

At the end of the day it is what it I'd and you pay your money and take your chances