Huisun Mini PTZ & Hikvision NVR issues/limitations

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Lets share the issues you found when using Huisun cameras with NVR and hopefully resolution:

These are mind findings:

1. Motion detection email notification does not work with ONVIF profile (works only with Hikvision profile 8000 port)
2. No secondary stream when using Hikvision profile (works only using ONVIF profile default port 80)
3. Motion detection recording only works with Hikvision profile
4. IR on/off button doesn't work
5. Recording bitrate is maxed out at 8192 Kbps
6. Black/Blank live picture when attempting to access camera via Virtual Host

FYI, In case you want to use/review both continuous/motion recordings as well as have support for secondary stream you can setup two separate NVR channels, one using ONVIF profile and another Hikvision.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A quick question on that, in case it's a compatibility issue as opposed to a functionality issue - do you see any ONVIF events (Events page) when using ONVIF Device Manager to access the camera?
It's quite common, in my experience, for 'ONVIF compatible' cameras to not support the push/pull event subscription part of the ONVIF specification.
It used to be an optional feature in the specification, so often not implemented. I don't know if that's now changed.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
A quick question on that, in case it's a compatibility issue as opposed to a functionality issue - do you see any ONVIF events (Events page) when using ONVIF Device Manager to access the camera?
It's quite common, in my experience, for 'ONVIF compatible' cameras to not support the push/pull event subscription part of the ONVIF specification.
It used to be an optional feature in the specification, so often not implemented. I don't know if that's now changed.
Sorry, looks like missed your question on this. I haven't tried ONVIF Device Manager before. When I get a chance I will take a look.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lets share the issues you found when using Huisun cameras with NVR and hopefully resolution

These are mind findings:

1. Motion detection email notification does not work with ONVIF profile (works only with Hikvision profile 8000 port)
2. No secondary stream when using Hikvision profile (works only using ONVIF profile default port 80)
4. IR on/off button doesn't work
5. Recording bitrate is maxed out at 8192 Kbps
6. Black/Blank live picture when attempting to access camera via Virtual Host

FYI, In case you want to use/review both continuous/motion recordings as well as have support for secondary stream you can setup two separate NVR channels, one using ONVIF profile and another Hikvision.
#2 seems to only be a problem with the V2 cam. My V1 X3 works fine with HIK with both streams.