Huisun Mini PTZ. POE vs Non-POE Failure Rate

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the general consensus on failure rates for POE and non-poe versions? Are they about the same? The one I had fail was a V1 POE version.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I think the question should be v1 vs v2 and v1 certainly had a a few failures already.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the general consensus on failure rates for POE and non-poe versions? Are they about the same? The one I had fail was a V1 POE version.
When you say fail does that mean it still works "non-poe" as in 12vdc?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think the question should be v1 vs v2 and v1 certainly had a a few failures already.
Fair enough. I'm just curious if the bulk of the camera failures are with the POE version of the camera. Will probably be a hard one to determine as there are probably a lot more POE versions out there.

When you say fail does that mean it still works "non-poe" as in 12vdc?
When my V1 POE version died, it died. POE or 12vdc direct made no difference. Have we had reported failures of a non-poe camera version? Not a POE camera powered by via 12vdc power supply but an actual non-POE camera version.

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm just curious if the bulk of the camera failures are with the POE version of the camera. Will probably be a hard one to determine as there are probably a lot more POE versions out there.

When my V1 POE version died, it died. POE or 12vdc direct made no difference. Have we had reported failures of a non-poe camera version? Not a POE camera powered by via 12vdc power supply but an actual non-POE camera version.

My non-POE v2 mini PTZ has never worked 100% problem free. The IR filter was stuck right out of the box the day I got it. I tried a firmware upgrade and different adapters etc but the only fix was a good ol' fashion tap with a screwdriver handle. Now that doesn't even work anymore. The few weeks I was able to sort of use it were full of random firmware bugginess.