Huisun mini ptz problems (plz help)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I simply recapped some statements.
It appears you are keeping a close track of this camera, so how about we recap those statements that have been made and how many users reported then we'll know if any of the issues come up more then once for us to be concerned:

images - This is yet to determined, could be actually faulty camera or perhaps a codec

power - I had power issue, turned out to be faulty POE, what other power issues that were reported?

focus - So far we have one user with that issue, but there is a workaround

slow movement - More of a limitation then an issue, and I would take a slow movement vs no movement

internal wiring issues - I missed that one, what was the internal wiring issue?

fake DHL tracking numbers, delayed shipments etc - It's done by many sellers on Aliexpress including for Hikvision products. In this case probably demand is too high for them to handle.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
It appears you are keeping a close track of this camera, so how about we recap those statements that have been made and how many users reported then we'll know if any of the issues come up more then once for us to be concerned:

images - This is yet to determined, could be actually faulty camera or perhaps a codec

power - I had power issue, turned out to be faulty POE, what other power issues that were reported?

focus - So far we have one user with that issue, but there is a workaround

slow movement - More of a limitation then an issue, and I would take a slow movement vs no movement

internal wiring issues - I missed that one, what was the internal wiring issue?

fake DHL tracking numbers, delayed shipments etc - It's done by many sellers on Aliexpress including for Hikvision products. In this case probably demand is too high for them to handle.
So what is your point? How is what you are now stating above any different then what I stated? You continue to skip over my positive notes as well citing good quality and positive reviews... And yes I have been tracking this because I am considering ordering one...

So again, vs. repeating my statements - what is your point? Are you simply being a troll or just here to be an ass? I made a statement, recapped two other threads statements to one. You are taking my statement personally it appears and defending your view and my comments as if I am talking about your child - and at that, I didn't even say anything truely negative.

So - what is your point?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So what is your point? How is what you are now stating above any different then what I stated? You continue to skip over my positive notes as well citing good quality and positive reviews... And yes I have been tracking this because I am considering ordering one...

So again, vs. repeating my statements - what is your point? Are you simply being a troll or just here to be an ass? I made a statement, recapped two other threads statements to one. You are taking my statement personally it appears and defending your view and my comments as if I am talking about your child - and at that, I didn't even say anything truely negative.

So - what is your point?
I wasn't making a point, I wanted to recap your statements that you already gathered and come up with some sort of statistics on the reported quality issues. We can make a separate post about it, so people will be aware of any possible issues that could come up or need to be aware of when purchasing this camera.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Klasipca-
Would you be willing to be OP on an unofficial issues thread? It would likely entail a format like you proposed, along with regular maintenance, mostly including links to posts with specific discussion/resolutions and topic URLs. Not much of a fan of wiki style, but a catch-all reference thread would be a treat. Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Klasipca-
Would you be willing to be OP on an unofficial issues thread? It would likely entail a format like you proposed, along with regular maintenance, mostly including links to posts with specific discussion/resolutions and topic URLs. Not much of a fan of wiki style, but a catch-all reference thread would be a treat. Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I just created one https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6957-Reported-Issues-Limitations

iss

n3wb
Reaction score
I connected it to a 12v power supply (as was suggested) and a short network cable. I think it is now reseting it self every few minute or so because it is doing the calibration dance where it moves from side to side up ect. every few minutes and in the live view all I see is a black screen sometimes with time and date on it sometimes without.
any ideas what I can do?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Your issue is a bit different. I had black screen with no date showing up. Did you try to connect to it from another PC by any chance ?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm still having major issues with the camera losing focus

Clear day and night today and I came home tonight to find picture blurry again!

Spoken to Monica = brick wall
I like the girl but she has no technical knowledge at all!

Everything is i ask engineer

Not sure where to go with this it's begining to become a pain!

dalepa

Reaction score
Have you tied connecting direct to power, or using POE+. This cam requires up to 18W and POE max is 15W. I switch to this POE adapter and all is well for me now.

What are you using to view the camera? I've also seen ghosting when my connection to blue iris is slow (4g), or my PC gets too busy.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I, too, am having what appears to be the same issue. The following is a screenshot captured from the live view within the web UI:

1.png

Steps for reproduction:
- Wait 5-30s
- Previous screenshot behavior is displayed

This problem seems to be more pronounced when more data is being pushed through the live view (more movement within the scene). A fairly static scene seems to not exhibit the issue, or it takes longer for it to become pronounced.

The issue is worked around by placing the live view stream into 'sub stream' from 'live stream' mode. Using this same logic, I *should* be able to permanently change the main stream to a lower frame rate or resolution (using configuration -> audio/video menu), however when I do so, I am unable to get the changes to commit/persist.

This same behavior (seeming overloading of the data stream) also seems to affect the following areas:

- Downloading (to local client computer hard drive) of captured videos (on SD card) within the playback tab
- Playback of captured videos within playback tab (seems to very consistently stop playback about 8s into captured (on SD card) video)

I'm investigating the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Direct power applied to camera (it is currently over a dedicated PoE connection @15W, roughly 150ft of cable between injector and device) via 12VDC
- PoE+ injector capable of device load of 18W+
- Use of driver files from newer versions of camera (see https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6978-Mini-PTZ-Firmware-discussion)

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I, too, am having what appears to be the same issue. The following is a screenshot captured from the live view within the web UI:

View attachment 6575

Steps for reproduction:
- Wait 5-30s

This problem seems to be more pronounced when more data is being pushed through the live view (more movement within the scene). A fairly static scene seems to not exhibit the issue, or it takes longer for it to become pronounced.

The issue is worked around by placing the live view stream into 'sub stream' from 'live stream' mode. Using this same logic, I *should* be able to permanently change the main stream to a lower frame rate or resolution (using configuration -> audio/video menu), however when I do so, I am unable to get the changes to commit/persist.

This same behavior (seeming overloading of the data stream) also seems to affect the following areas:

- Downloading (to local client computer hard drive) of captured videos (on SD card) within the playback tab
- Playback of captured videos within playback tab (seems to very consistently stop playback about 8s into captured (on SD card) video)

- Direct power applied to camera (it is currently over a dedicated PoE connection @15W, roughly 150ft of cable between injector and device) via 12VDC
- Use of driver files from newer versions of camera (see https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6978-Mini-PTZ-Firmware-discussion)
I'm no expert but I believe this is down to network dats issue.

Try using substram to see if the issue goes away.
If it goes away then the culprit is a networking issue related to uplink/downlink

I got the same problem viewing the Huisun sample camera through the link Monica sent me which was due to poor upload at camera end and transfer speed across the net.
If you selected to view the sub stream the issue completely went away

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you @reeves1985; I believe you may be correct it is bandwidth related, however I am able to reproduce the issue on the same wired LAN (100Mbps). Also please note that a workaround is to view substream data, however the intent is to resolve the issue within the main data stream (full resolution).

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you guys having this problem tried using the IVMS client software? What about viewing the RTSP feed directly through another player, such as VLC media player...

As mentioned before, I get this same issue on one of my Hikvision bullet cams when viewing through VLC, but not when using IVMS or the web browser plugin....Perhaps your results may be the opposite (ie. get the problem with the web browser plugin but not the other platforms)?

Figuring out if it happens on all or only certain viewing platforms will help greatly in determining the potential cause and whether it's related to a hardware issue, plugin issue, bandwidth issue, etc.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 6575

Steps for reproduction:
- Wait 5-30s

I have this occasionally in Hikvision cams, its not permanent though and depends on the bandwidth

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was able to resolve the image issue by decreasing framerate from 25 (default) to 10 frames per second.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
These lines are due network combined with settings being too high, I would get these lines on my phone when connection isn't good enough on any cam.

dalepa

Reaction score
yea sound sound like network which router/switch are you using to connect to your PC and cam? 1 cam should only push 4Mbit(default setting), so sounds like you have an issue with your network or PC

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@dalepa - I haven't had time to fully troubleshoot but it does appear to be bandwidth related. I am using a series of different cisco switches to route traffic. The cam is competing for bandwidth on a crowded subnet along with other vlans and subnets. Its not the proper way to deploy a cam by any means but it was a quick and dirty test. I'll post more results and best practices as time allows. Thanks all for help.

Last edited by a moderator: