Huisun mini ptz problems (plz help)

iss

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I this is the first time I am writing in this forum a have enjoyed reading the forum for some time now.
I recently bought a new HUISUN mini ptz and wired it to a POE switch in the beginning everything seemed fine.
but very quickly it started disconnecting all the time. initially I thought it might be a cable issue so I swapped the cables between this camera and a Hikvision the Hikvision seems fine and this one
is either unavailable or producing images like the ones bellow
10.0.0.77_00_00_20151122091945792.jpg10.0.0.77_00_00_20151122091949829.jpg
If any one has any idea how i can diagnose the source of the problem (and hopefully fix it) I would appreciate it a lot
Thank you
issar

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try doing a full reset of the camera, then check the camera with a 2 amp 12v power supply, if your using cheap cca cat5 you maybe suffering from lack of power. These camera's need more power than a fixed hik camera.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Oh-oh that doesn't look good. Please update us if you were able to resolve it. As it was suggested trying different power/cable might help it. Is camera connected via wifi bridge or powerline by any chance?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've seen this happen 2 times before....

One time it happened only when viewing with VLC media player (the web interface version worked fine, but using VLC gave this same appearance).....I would first try viewing the live feed through different software to make sure it's not the player that you're using that's causing the problem....

The other time it happened to me was because of a loose wire inside the dome where one of the connectors was not fully pushed into the circuit board. As a last resort, you could try taking the dome apart and shoving in on all of the cables that are plugging into the circuit boards and see if it clears up. It's possible that one was just barely pushed in enough to work when you first received the camera but vibration from the pan/tilt heads moving caused it to lose contact. Also possible that one of the cables inside the dome has a short or some other defect causing it to only give a partial signal.

Either way, I would imagine that it's an encoding issue....Either a problem with the encoder being use to make the image, or a problem with the cabling inside the dome not giving the encoder all of the information it needs to properly make the image.

If you can't get it fixed and have to send it back to China, make sure you purchase insurance on the shipment. I've sent back expensive PTZ cameras to China for repair that got lost/stolen on the way. Luckily I had full insurance on the packages or else I would have lost hundreds of dollars. When filing the insurance claim, the shipping service agent said "Most expensive electronics that are shipped to China will not arrive. For a camera worth several hundred dollars, I would have been very surprised if it had arrived"....They went on to say that most electronics sent FROM China to another country will arrive safely, but most electronics sent from another country INTO China will not...I've now learned from my own experiences that this shipping agent knew what she was talking about!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you using to view camera?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Either way, I would imagine that it's an encoding issue....Either a problem with the encoder being use to make the image, or a problem with the cabling inside the dome not giving the encoder all of the information it needs to properly make the image.
I'm inclined this way...I was having serious issues getting my Hik up onto AngelCam via RTSP, and it looked exactly like that pic! Drove me nuts...okay, I was already nuts, but...after fiddling for several hours in settings on the cam, it resolved itself. I felt like I had nothing to do with the resolution, however...much like life.

iss

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried connecting it directly to the POE switch with a 1 meter patch cable and it seems to be working worse. half the time I cant pass the login screen it says network anomaly when I do it shows a black screen where the video should be

iss

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm strange, seemed fine at first when I connected it to external power supply, and now its then it restarted itself every few minutes.
When i can log on the picture appears completely black.

Is there a hardware reset button?

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
im having a different issue thats been driving me mad for the last couple of weeks.

It seems that there is a focus shift every few days and the image becomes out of focus and i have to manually move the ptz to get it to re focus.

haven't had much luck finding the cause of the problem and a factory reset doesn't seem to have helped

Anybody else have this issue?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
im having a different issue thats been driving me mad for the last couple of weeks.

It seems that there is a focus shift every few days and the image becomes out of focus and i have to manually move the ptz to get it to re focus.

haven't had much luck finding the cause of the problem and a factory reset doesn't seem to have helped

No, I have not had this issue on any of the 3 cams. Are you using Auto or semi-auto? What about just leaving in manual?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

I had a similar issue with 1 of my 2 cameras. It only happened once. I woke up one morning to one of my cameras stuck on a very blurry image. As soon as I moved the camera from 1 preset to another everything came into focus. When I checked the videos I discovered that we had a heavy layer of fog that hit about 4:30am. The PTZ was set to Auto focus and in the videos it was trying to focus on the fog and got stuck. The fog was so thick you couldn't see anything except the fog. When I discovered the camera stuck there was still fog, but it wasn't quite as heavy and I could see a short distance away from the camera. This thick fog has not happened again since this one time, so the camera has been fine since.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with 1 of my 2 cameras. It only happened once. I woke up one morning to one of my cameras stuck on a very blurry image. As soon as I moved the camera from 1 preset to another everything came into focus. When I checked the videos I discovered that we had a heavy layer of fog that hit about 4:30am. The PTZ was set to Auto focus and in the videos it was trying to focus on the fog and got stuck. The fog was so thick you couldn't see anything except the fog. When I discovered the camera stuck there was still fog, but it wasn't quite as heavy and I could see a short distance away from the camera. This thick fog has not happened again since this one time, so the camera has been fine since.
That's a good point I think it is set to auto

I thought the whole point of auto would be to adjust automatically? We have had fog and high winds but when I noticed it it was clear so I would assume if set to auto then it would 're adjust.
My speed dome hasn't had this issue

I haven't tried manual but would that mean manually focusing it every time you move it?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi I this is the first time I am writing in this forum a have enjoyed reading the forum for some time now.
I recently bought a new HUISUN mini ptz and wired it to a POE switch in the beginning everything seemed fine.
but very quickly it started disconnecting all the time. initially I thought it might be a cable issue so I swapped the cables between this camera and a Hikvision the Hikvision seems fine and this one
is either unavailable or producing images like the ones bellow
View attachment 6467View attachment 6468
If any one has any idea how i can diagnose the source of the problem (and hopefully fix it) I would appreciate it a lot
Thank you
issar
Hi, Don't know if this applies to your problem or can help.... I received my Huisun mini PTZ on Monday are I was having the same image as you now and again. After some experimenting and found the problem happens when I have the bit rate set high (4096 +) and I have other application running which take up too many CPU resources. I always setup my cameras on an old spec laptop (not very powerful) and connect the camera direct to the laptop via RJ45 cable. Once I've configured the camera I install them.

When I moved the camera to my higher spec Bluiris desktop (i7) it runs without any issues. If I lower the bit rate and close all the running programs on my slower laptop it also works fine.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what several people stated in the other sub forum... "Only time will tell". One person did a very positive review and the masses came out of the wood work - "I ordered 1" "I just ordered 2 for my friends" and so on and so forth. Several people including myself sat back and waited - as only time will tell the quality of this inexpensive camera. In the recent weeks more and more posts have popped up about issues with images, power, focus, slow movement, internal wiring issues, fake DHL tracking numbers, delayed shipments etc. Even if this is easily fixable by a reset - something like fog (in one example above) shouldn't kill your focus or picture. What if a crime took place over night and because this camera again "needed a reset" it didn't capture anything... Would you still be happy with your "economical" purchase... These cameras are "economical" and not "high quality" - you get one of the other

I'm not saying this product is "crap" by any means - the positive reviews show a nice image/camera, and honestly if you get a year or two out of a sub $150 PTZ camera it was money well spent! However, these continued posts just show that jumping on a bandwagon with little to no information might not get you where you intended to go.

I know this is semi off topic, but just my thoughts at the moment - best of luck in resolving.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera's are good quality, they are not no £1500 camera though don't expect it to be either.

It works great out of the box if you play to much and bugger it up, don't blame the camera. Also the response of the camera is down to power. using poe it is slower to respond, this is why I recommend local power to any ptz cheap or not.
Don't use a POE splitter either as cat5 is to small a cable to carry the voltage correctly.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is what several people stated in the other sub forum... "Only time will tell". One person did a very positive review and the masses came out of the wood work - "I ordered 1" "I just ordered 2 for my friends" and so on and so forth. Several people including myself sat back and waited - as only time will tell the quality of this inexpensive camera. In the recent weeks more and more posts have popped up about issues with images, power, focus, slow movement, internal wiring issues, fake DHL tracking numbers, delayed shipments etc. Even if this is easily fixable by a reset - something like fog (in one example above) shouldn't kill your focus or picture. What if a crime took place over night and because this camera again "needed a reset" it didn't capture anything... Would you still be happy with your "economical" purchase... These cameras are "economical" and not "high quality" - you get one of the other

I'm not saying this product is "crap" by any means - the positive reviews show a nice image/camera, and honestly if you get a year or two out of a sub $150 PTZ camera it was money well spent! However, these continued posts just show that jumping on a bandwagon with little to no information might not get you where you intended to go.

I know this is semi off topic, but just my thoughts at the moment - best of luck in resolving.
@zero…. I understand your comments but this is the nature of the beast. Unless folks purchase and use this camera and report issues we’d never know if it was a good or bad camera would we? Personally I purchased this camera after doing a small amount of research, it was never going to be a replacement for all my Hikvision cameras more of a try and see. I was always under the impression that I was taking a chance, but for the money I wasn’t really concerned if it turned out to be another FOSCAM.

In my earlier days of IP cams I didn’t know any better and fitted and sold FOSCAM products until moving onto Hikvision which aren’t perfect but for the money I think they are as close to.

So if a number of folks purchase these cameras and the consensus is they are good or crap then surly this helps others in the future?
Like I mentioned I’ve only had mine running for 24 hrs in a test environment and apart from the problem I mentioned in my previous post my earlier thoughts is it’s a good camera but could do with a firmware update or two to sort out some of the problems. Obviously a firmware update won’t fix hardware faults or sort comings of the camera.

Earlier adopters of any technology always get burnt but we need them….

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

You mean like Hikvision in the early days? ;)
I knew going in I was early adopter..and accept those risks. And I love to moan when things go awry too. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

I think you've jumped the gun with the conclusions here and should've waited longer as there are not many quality issues reported and delayed shipments or fake DHL numbers has nothing to do with camera quality. Quality issues are expected with any product and perhaps more with unknown brands. I've had mine for almost 3 month now, they work fine as the day I bought it.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@klasipca I don't think I jumped the gun on anything... All the things I noted are previous posts from individuals that have purchased the cameras. No where did I say "you shouldn't buy it" or that the product is "crap" or something of the like. I simply shared "thoughts" at the moment so not sure what "gun I jumped". Plenty of users are just receiving there units, plenty of people are starting to post experiences. In time, plenty more reviews will come out good, bad, or indifferent. I simply recapped some statements. Also delayed shipments and incorrect or fake DHL numbers do play a role in this - there is a single supplier for this camera (others are trying to imitate it currently) however, the main supplier being discussed and any issues they may or may not have play into the "customer experience" and if they have problems it will directly change the "customer experience" as it relates to the final product once in hand.