Huisun Mini PTZ V1 - Housing to Protect from Sun?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So in that case POE board may going to fail?
And for that firmware , is there a new one for the v1? as i never heard about Huisun to release one for the V1.

Thank you for your advice!.
In my case? Yeah, it most definetely POE, but it is external on wire POE and it's fine when temps are less then 90 degrees. I don't know about the firmware for v1, there maybe one if you check with seller, but this doesn't sound like a firmware issue.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I have run the "12V 2A Power Supply Adapter" and connected to the camera, and the ethernet cable from the camera to the tp-link poe+, Now do i still need to leave the poe splitter there in-between the camera and the tp-link ?

Thanks.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok Got it. Now i should wait and see if still goes out of signal/offline.

I know i was reading somewhere in your posts that you had some problems with the poe board ? As if this fails with the power directly to the camera, maybe poe board is going bad and i should contact Monica about it.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Monica? I think she is gone... hasn't responded since May.
Wow did even know, that's bad! O well in any case will change vendors, i guess they come and go, not to many reputable companies from China.

So you had the poe board bad?on your v1? or someone else?

Thanks.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, I have run the "12V 2A Power Supply Adapter" and connected to the camera, and the ethernet cable from the camera to the tp-link poe+, Now do i still need to leave the poe splitter there in-between the camera and the tp-link ?

Thanks.
You should move the ethernet cable to a non-poe port on the switch assuming it has non-powered ports. Power for the camera will be from the 12vdc power supply and the poe is not needed. You won't need the splitter for this configuration although if you have no ports that are "non-poe", you could use it just to keep power off the camera's internal poe board. I wouldn't leave it like that but probably OK just for the test.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You should move the ethernet cable to a non-poe port on the switch assuming it has non-powered ports. Power for the camera will be from the 12vdc power supply and the poe is not needed.
Yes, that is a good idea.
Moved it to a non-poe port. Will see how is going to do.
Thanks.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So is been 4 days from the time i have connected power from wall directly to Huisun V1 camera and looks is working fine! no lost signal or...

I guess POE board may have a problem?

Thanks,

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice. Glad it is working. This is what I experienced with a v-2. Although I have a v-1 that is working fine in the California sun on poe.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice. Glad it is working. This is what I experienced with a v-2. Although I have a v-1 that is working fine in the California sun on poe.
I also live in California and my VI is been working good with 100+ temperatures, i recently added the external poe and is been working fine so far, It was also disconnecting here and there, I am not sure if is the temperature, I also have a Sunba camera and it also disconnects here and there, so I don,t know what to make of it, I have a good POE+ switch and all the cameras are connected to the switch.
I order 2 V2 4X from Jack, will see how they act up.
Regards.
Chewie

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies from the topic drift, but I just got my Huisun 10x v2...will this unit run off POE or does it require POE+?...I seem to remember @klasipca saying he was running them off of standard POE and that these units did not require POE+. Anyone know the answer to this?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Apologies from the topic drift, but I just got my Huisun 10x v2...will this unit run off POE or does it require POE+?...I seem to remember @klasipca saying he was running them off of standard POE and that these units did not require POE+. Anyone know the answer to this?
Actually as pointed out by one nut case Hikvision NVR is supporting POE+ (even though there is no wording "POE+" according to their spec, but it does say AF and AT) so I stand corrected, looks like I have been powering Huisuns using "POE+" all that time.

POE
Interface:|16 independent 10/100 Mbps PoE Ethernet interfaces
Max. Power:|200W
Supported Standard:|AF and AT

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I also live in California and my VI is been working good with 100+ temperatures, i recently added the external poe and is been working fine so far, It was also disconnecting here and there, I am not sure if is the temperature, I also have a Sunba camera and it also disconnects here and there, so I don,t know what to make of it, I have a good POE+ switch and all the cameras are connected to the switch.
Regards.
Chewie
Disconnecting is not normal. Did you note time of the day/temperature and how often when this happens? This is one of the symptoms of camera overheating, but could also be network related.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disconnecting is not normal. Did you note time of the day/temperature and how often when this happens? This is one of the symptoms of camera overheating, but could also be network related.
Well, it happened during the heat of the day but it also at night, more often during the day, and it comes and goes, it may go for a whole month without disconnecting, my switch is about 100 feet from the router and is in my garage, not sure if the heat of the garage is affecting everything.
I am not sure if my internet provider can setup another router on my garage just for the cameras or do you thing I can use some other setup, I am open for suggestions.
Regards.
Chewie

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So was there a change in disconnection when you added external POE?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Regards.
Chewie
If what you are looking for is a wider view, I think you will like the 4X. I have not had a problem with mine, up and running for about a week now.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So was there a change in disconnection when you added external POE?
When I first noticed the problem it was on a hot day, I had the camera connected from my POE switch to the iCreatin splitter, also had a Mic power by the splitter, I took the Mic off and just the splitter and camera but the problem still there, took the splitter of just the poe switch and camera and no change.
I was reading this thread and I saw the splitters that Mr. Patrocle listed and order the USG POE splitter, hook it all up including the the Mic ans d is been almost 2 weeks with no problems.
I noticed that my Sunba camera disconnected last night about 9:00 PM, It has the iCreatin splitter on it, I am not sure if there is a splitter issue they both have very close specs on them, I am going to buy me another USG splitter and install it on the Sunba and see if it gets rid of the problem.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If what you are looking for is a wider view, I think you will like the 4X. I have not had a problem with mine, up and running for about a week now.
I am going to install these cameras on the sides of the house, right now I have Hik cameras pointing to the front of the house and the street, I want to be able to look into the front of the house and also the back of the house and that is why I purchased them and of course I like the pictures you posted they look nice.
Regards.
Chewie