Huisun Mini PTZ V1 - Housing to Protect from Sun?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So i been having some problems with my Huisun camera, camera goes offline/no signal, or will cycle, or will have fuzzy colors,goes out and comes back on,etc...

But i notice from last night while sun went down the camera comeback on and is still on at this moment! The sun started to hit the camera at this time (8:30 am) and the sun will stay till about 7 pm pointing to the camera, so

i am guessing that the camera will get very hot and will start doing the above problems.

Now i am trying to find a Housing for it to protect it with an other layer from the sun. Anyone know if one exists to buy? but just for the cam only and the not for the bracket.

Found this on Amazon and to use that but with out the front glass.

2016-08-14_8-34-32.jpg

What you think?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is the cam using internal poe? I had similar symptoms with Longse s500 cam. Since then I took poe out of enclosure and have not had any issues.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you pan and tilt with the that housing over the Huisun Mini PTZ?
I was going to use the top and sides, some how , so i don't touch the pan and tilt.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the cam using internal poe? I had similar symptoms with Longse s500 cam. Since then I took poe out of enclosure and have not had any issues.
I have the cam outside and the Ethernet cable all way in my office to the tp-link 8 port poe+ .
I also purchased this
[h=1]HDS-TEK(TM) New AC DC Adapter 12V 2A Switching Power Supply Adapter for 110V- 240V AC 50/60hz with DC Connector Gift (1 in Package)[/h]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDU9DYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
to try to power the cam separate.
Still waiting to come ,Monday.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I was going to use the top and sides, some how , so i don't touch the pan and tilt.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the cam outside and the Ethernet cable all way in my office to the tp-link 8 port poe+ .
I also purchased this
HDS-TEK(TM) New AC DC Adapter 12V 2A Switching Power Supply Adapter for 110V- 240V AC 50/60hz with DC Connector Gift (1 in Package)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDU9DYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
to try to power the cam separate.
Still waiting to come ,Monday.
So, you are powering this using internal POE, I would suggest to disconnect it immediately and wait until you external adapter arrives. It may still survive:

See this thread:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12554-Mini-PTZ-with-POE-High-Ambient-temps-failures

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, you are powering this using internal POE, I would suggest to disconnect it immediately and wait until you external adapter arrives. It may still survive:

See this thread:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12554-Mini-PTZ-with-POE-High-Ambient-temps-failures
Ok , Unplugged!!!

I have order one of this:
iCreatin Active 12V PoE power over ethernet Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3af Compliant 10/100Mbps, 12V output
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SM196AE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, the above Power supply ordered , is that okay? to power the cam?
Just to make sure i got the right one.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is how i have the camera, i may move it under the roof,but wanted to be able to pan/tilt left to right or the other way if i need to, if i put it under the roof , bye bye with the tilt/pan.
You need to wrap that ethernet connection asap if you haven't yet...if not im surprised it survived this long

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The power supply should be ok since it's 2Amp, but all you need really is that slitter. Make sure to waterproof it though.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to wrap that ethernet connection asap if you haven't yet...if not im surprised it survived this long
It was wrapped with electrical tape , but i took it down to check the plug.

Is there any special covers that can easily fit within? as last time i look you have to cut the cables and put the plug inside and then re-connect the cat5,6/etc plug back.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So put that slitter at the cam ?
And yes i had some electrical tape over that plug so rain or sun not to hit it.
Yes no other additions needed your cam will continue to be powered by your poe+ switch. Splitter just splits data and 12v

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I take it you guys would recommend that anyone using POE needs to get one of those splitters just to be on the safe side?

Is anyone at Huisun (like the ones that have been repairing these for free) offering to send a splitter for no charge as a preventative measure?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
One could always make an "African roof" out of white roof flashing tin. Basically a second skin suspended a quarter of an inch or so away from the camera body. Some Land Rovers have a vented second roof for hot climates like Africa.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I take it you guys would recommend that anyone using POE needs to get one of those splitters just to be on the safe side?

Is anyone at Huisun (like the ones that have been repairing these for free) offering to send a splitter for no charge as a preventative measure?
I am certainly not taking any chances and added splitter to all my mini ptz cams. It's clear it's a time ticking bomb using internal POE and if we had a moderator who cared he would have made a sticky by now.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Coax seal
+1 Roger that (stuff) good buddy.

I've been applying red electrical tape first and then covering the electrical tape with coax seal. This method has two (2) advantages IMO. First, the red tape allows me to clearly ascertain what is sufficiently covered with Coax Seal and what is not. Second, When I remove the coax seal everything which has been sealed isn't all gummed up with Coax Seal residue (especially an issue in hot weather).