Huisun PTZ auto-tracking any good?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been deciding between a cam that I personally think smokes the Huisun as far as picture quality. The downside is that it doesn't have auto-tracking. Is the auto-tracking worth messing with?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's the camera that smokes the Huisun?

I think auto-tracking is good for a shop or garage or business but not for residential. That's my opinion only.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4-mini-2-0MP-High-Speed-Dome-HD-IP-Camera-PTZ-4-7-84-6MM-18X/410015_32551267531.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-0MP-Outdoor-Waterproof-4-6-152mm-33x-Optical-Zoom-1080P-4-Inch-Mini-High/32549785881.html

I currently own the 18x and my goodness gracious is the night and day video clear and crisp!!! So, if the auto-tracking sucks in residential area with the Huisun I will probably be getting the 33x times. I will have to do some more studying $550 for a cam is a lot!!!

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I currently own the 18x and my goodness gracious is the night and day video clear and crisp!!! So, if the auto-tracking sucks in residential area with the Huisun I will probably be getting the 33x times. I will have to do some more studying $550 for a cam is a lot!!!
I have installed 2 Huisun Speed Domes with auto tracking and it leaves much to be desired. If you need it go with another manufacturer with more advanced auto tracking.

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Agree, I have one on my backyard. It keep tracking the moving leaf and missed the important job. The picture quality is good though.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Once you hit anywhere near the $500 mark for a PTZ I don't think the comparison should be between "Cam X" and a Huisun. Start comparing them with a Dahua for a few more dollars and ask yourself if it's worth it going from what's basically an unknown brand to a really good reliable PTZ with solid firmware. $250 for a fun PTZ toy to whet your appetite? My wallet doesn't mind that too much. Hit more serious money and I'd want to be sure it'll do what I want with few to no serious quirks and last for years.