Huisun v1 won't pan or tilt completely

Remnkemi

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2x Huisun v1. One of them doesn't want to pan and tilt all the way. I can get some panning but it won't go the whole distance. The numbers showing the degree of panning and tilting continue for a little while longer but then stops also before getting to limits. I've tried to reverse the camera on the mount thinking I may have mounted it wrong but there was no difference. It doesn't work in BI or through web page. I think the motor is dying. Any ideas?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of issues related to power. How is it powered? If poe, try a 12vdc external supply (2 amp).

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2x Huisun v1. One of them doesn't want to pan and tilt all the way. I can get some panning but it won't go the whole distance. The numbers showing the degree of panning and tilting continue for a little while longer but then stops also before getting to limits. I've tried to reverse the camera on the mount thinking I may have mounted it wrong but there was no difference. It doesn't work in BI or through web page. I think the motor is dying. Any ideas?
Don't know how you could have reversed the mounting as it is keyed to only go one way. Check your power as @NoloC, has mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
did you get it used? could the prior owner have set pan/tilt limits?
call up preset 95 and poke around the menus (using up/down/right keys) for the settings...

Remnkemi

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update. I switched the camera to 12 vdc and it made no difference. I reversed the camera back into the keyed position and there was no difference. I checked preset 95 and there is no change in any menu option. I did not buy the camera used. It was from the same Aliexpress store as everyone else. I reset to factory defaults to remove any pan/tilt limits and it made no difference. The only thing that works is to use the web page to pan all the way to 0 or 250, then physically push the gears until the camera is at the extreme positions. Everything works fine until the camera reboots and it looses all PTZ information. If anybody else has any ideas, I'll try it. Otherwise, thanks for the responses.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
These cameras need POE+

The difference isn't the volts - it is the wattage. POE+ is 25 watts, POE is 15 watts

I would try a POE+ injector or switch and see if that fixes it

Remnkemi

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize if I wasn't clear. The cameras are all connected to a Trendnet POE+TPE-TG80g router with up to 30W each port. It also did it with another POE+ passive injector.