Huisun v2 + cat5e cable + NVR power = bad combo?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have single 75 feet cat 5e cable (it was in use for a few years and was premade) and it doesn't seem to work well in certain combination. When Huisun v2 cam connected to new I2 NVR it is loosing connection randomly at night when the IRs are on while the cam is idling. On the other hand it works fine on the same cable connected to POE+ switch. None of cat6 cables have the issue either with NVR or POE switch. So is it safe to assume the cat5e cable is bad?

Recording timeline which shows cam looses connection after about 8pm when the IR turned on. The cam works normally during a day.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would say the NVR isn't up to delivering the surge of power when the IR kicks on. Then can't maintain it through the night. I say it's the NVR.

I see you're recording 24/7 but do you have motion detect on for alerts? Wouldn't that trigger an extra watt or 2 in the cam?

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Forget the extra watt... that would be server side.

Need to invest in a watt meter imo.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you temporarily string a cat6 cable from the NVR to the camera?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have other v2s running with cat6 connected to the nvr and no issues, so I am leaning to believe that cable is no good. Eventhough, when it's connected to poe switch it's ok. I'll be adding new cabling soon, so I'll just replace with a cat6 anyway.