Huisun's handling cold snowy weather and low temps so far

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yours is the speed dome version, correct?
yes true, I imagine if the dome just 40 degrees with the fan never stops, how the bullet because i installed at the same room, probably more than 50 degrees celcius :D

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fan is in huisun dome but not in mini ptz. Wish it was in both.

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fan is in huisun dome but not in mini ptz. Wish it was in both.
hmmm..sorry mate i'm dissagree with that, if you know how noise of fan spining for dome version, I think you will be regret had wish it :LOL

i'm installed both dome and bullet at same room, dome show me temp 40 degree with fan never stops it makes me nuts to hearing fan noise, otherwise bullet keep silent without fan, but it can stand same as dome, no complaint :)

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last night was coldest so far (-29.9°C). Huisun still works well. Disappointed because tomorrow the temperature rises up to -20°C:D

temp2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My freezer doesn't get that cold. Are your cameras on the house where it is a bit warmer or are they getting the full -33 to -36 degrees?

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My freezer doesn't get that cold. Are your cameras on the house where it is a bit warmer or are they getting the full -33 to -36 degrees?
The camera is mounted on the edge of the roof. Actually, it is our cottage and when we are not there the inside temperature is lowered down to 10°C. So I don't think that the air is warmer around the camera. Also I don't know exactly how cold the weather was right there because I wasn't there at that time and I have to trust the nearest weather stations.

Huis.jpg

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I take it, it's somewhere in northern Finland?
@klasipca Northern Finland is too cold for me. I live in mid Finland where is much warmer.:D

fitemp.png

Btw, Sorry but what you mean "I take it" in that sentence? You see understanding English language isn't my highest level skill.:mad-new::apologetic:

Last edited by a moderator:

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Early morning the temperature was -3°C, it was snowing, the wind was directly against the Huisun and the snow was stuck on front glass. Guessing how can I melt the snowconfused2.png Well I set IR power to 10 and created a short movement PTZ-patrol - then just waitedkahvi3.gif

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It rained a lot here yesterday but then dropped below zero last night and it's been snowing since 6:30am. Got home just before supper and tried out the MiniPTZ. Zoom was fine and it tilted up fine, but panning sideways was (literally I think) frozen. Left on the button brought it down a hair. Strange. More left arrow and JERK it popped free from the ice. Presets seemed to be a little off but I don't know if that's misalignment from the ice problem or "normal" drift which happens occasionally with my unit anyway.