Hurricane Nicole - Any one else going to be impacted?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
In north Orlando area and we are expecting some hurricane force gusts. I think the biggest issue will be flooding. The water table is still very high after Hurricane Ian. Some communities never drained off after the last hurricane and some county roads had just opened up last week when water finally went down. Expecting for Lake Monroe and St. John's River to back up again.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A couple hours North of you in St Augustine. Expecting 70mph gusts, 3'-5' storm surge, lots of rain.
This one is literally 'bigger than Texas' @ 970 miles wide.
Stay safe!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, same here...a yard salad only since we recently got a free tree trim from the last hurricane. Kind of surprising though how many small twigs/branches still came down...must be from difference in direction of wind. Got 6" of rain and the creek surprisingly didn't rise as much as I though it would. Kind of freaked me out last time with the 14" as it went through the 100 year flood plain and the house was looking like it was at the edge of the ocean.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It kind of makes you wonder what would happen with a Cat 2 or Cat 3. Jacksonville has been dodging a bullet for years and years. They are way overdue and it ain't gonna be pretty when it happens.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Never underestimate nature's fury

On the other hand, where did they get the name Nicole from? Its got to be someone's ex