HWI-T240H - Stream to public / recordingto NAS

maeffjus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just registered because I received the Hikvision HWI-T240H yesterday and not everything is going as I intended it to do.

So there are two main issues:

1. Webcam for website:
I'd like to use the a.m. camera as a webcam on my website. In order to do so, I found that it is almost impossible to use the typical http://user:pass@ip/channel.... string.
Google Chrome, Opera, the Internet-Explorer and MS-Edge don't support this kind of authentication.

So how can I most easily get a live-picture (which is preferably h264 or h265) which I can use on my website for streaming?

2. Saving pictures to my NAS: I got several storage-devices at home, one Windows Sever 2012 with shares and also one Zyxel-NAS with SMB/CIFS share.
I have been able to add the NAS to the storage of the camera. (I used the IP and also added a valid and existing folder, the setup of the NAS said "success" when adding it).

Now when I look into HDD management (the tab before the NetHDD-tab), it says "uninitialized". I can only use "format" (which results in a "device-error" message).

I just configured some motion-detection triggers and so far it hasn't recorded anything within the last hour.
So I guess my NAS is not working as supposed.

Any idea for help? I really like the features, speed and picture-quality of the camera, so I would appreciate if you can help me to solve all the other parameters.

Regards,

Maeffjus