Hybrid NVR?

Zseeds

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey folks!

I have tried searching for this and I haven't really been able to come up to a clear answer for my situation:

I have a small retail store that currently has a Samsung SDR-5300 16 Channel DVR system. This DVR is old school and only supports 720p analog cameras. I currently have 8 Samsung 720p analog cameras that work with this system.

Now, overall this current system is just okay, but I think technology has advanced enough where I feel like I can upgrade.

My ideal scenario is to have about 8 decent quality IP Cameras behind the counter (for employee monitoring, POS screen, cash register etc) and use the old Samsung analog cameras for the rest of the store. From what I've read this might be possible with a hybrid NVR system?

So, I looked into it and it turns out that Dauhua has something called ePOE which can work with both IP Cameras and old analog cameras? https://us.dahuasecurity.com/product-technologies/epoe-technology/

Am I on the right track? Is there an NVR that y'all could specifically recommend for this? Do I have to stick with the Dauhua ePOE cameras if go this route?

Budget for 8 cameras and hybrid NVR is around $2000.

Also, another concern is high quality remote viewing, does any NVR's natively have better remote viewing or should I simply upgrade to a premium software? I already have a static IP address for my current system.

TIA!