I’m just looking!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted but saw this when it first came out a few months ago. But thought how lucky the guy was he wasn’t shot dead by the home owner!

As last year my cousins little girl was taking out the garbage in the garage.

Someone broke through the side door at the same time while she was inside. She screamed bloody murder and my cousin came out with both barrels and blew a six inch hole right threw him.

The sad reality is his daughter is seriously messed up in the head after seeing this unfold before her very eyes. My cousin who is the A Typical redneck is also not quite there either!

Taking a life sounds easy . . . Living with it no matter how justified is completely different!

If you’re packing and believe you can take a life - Rock On

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The homeowner's lucky too.... Did he not see the guy behind the red truck as he came through the door? :wtf:
Yeah, I had to watch the video a few times and it’s not clear if the person by the vehicle came out with the home owner or with the criminal. I would say he wasn’t because unless the video was edited it didn’t ever show him in the same room as the burglar?!?

Hard to say but I’m surprised there wasnt blood spilled!

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to watch the video a few times and it’s not clear if the person by the vehicle came out with the home owner or with the criminal. I would say he wasn’t because unless the video was edited it didn’t ever show him in the same room as the burglar?!?

Hard to say but I’m surprised there wasnt blood spilled!
The person came in from outside, at the 22 second mark, just before the perp places his hand over the camera.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The person came in from outside, at the 22 second mark, just before the perp places his hand over the camera.
You’re correct I must have ignored it because he didn’t react like a thief! I just assumed he’s a friend / family member.

Otherwise he’s one cool mother f^cker!

The comments indicate he was part of the gang of three.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your country is well and truly F****ed up. Here in the Uk it would have been the man pointing the gun that gets 10 years jail.
You say that THIS "...country.... is truly F****ed up"?

So what should a person do if 2 men break into your home at night, knowing that you are there?
Doesn't that tell you that even if they are there to rob that they aren't concerned about being seen? Maybe because they don't plan on leaving any witnesses alive?

OK, so just what would YOU do?

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Your country is well and truly F****ed up. Here in the Uk it would have been the man pointing the gun that gets 10 years jail.
Haha depends... if the gun is legal, there will be no problem. if gun is not legal, there will be a problem because of the weapon act. but only because you have it, not for pointing it in self defence.

if the weapon is not legal and you kill someone in self defence, there is no problem. you only have a problem because of the gun law after. self defence is legal in any country, if its justified.
you cannot shoot someone in the back if he is running away. you will be in jail in any european state. not sure about usa.

one example from germany:

Robbery fail

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha depends... if the gun is legal, there will be no problem. if gun is not legal, there will be a problem because of the weapon act. but only because you have it, not for pointing it in self defence.

if the weapon is not legal and you kill someone in self defence, there is no problem. you only have a problem because of the gun law after. self defence is legal in any country, if its justified.
you cannot shoot someone in the back if he is running away. you will be in jail in any european state. not sure about usa.

one example from germany:

Robbery fail
Like you say different states / countries allow guns to be used and normal to those people but here in the UK you can be jailed even if you carry an imitation firearm. Maybe Canada/USA thinks the UK is F***ed up for not allowing you to use a gun to kill someone in self defence but no human deserves to die for trying to rob a $50 camera.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Like you say different states / countries allow guns to be used and normal to those people but here in the UK you can be jailed even if you carry an imitation firearm. Maybe Canada/USA thinks the UK is F***ed up for not allowing you to use a gun to kill someone in self defence but no human deserves to die for trying to rob a $50 camera.
Not sure what happen after they left the EU, maybe they changed the law and you are right...

i lived a long time in UK, like in germany and other EU states it is allowed to have guns for sporting. there are some limitations about the guns itself etc... but you can own them legal. you are not allowed to carry them in public, but this is also in some us states. they have to be transported in a locked container.

the clue comes with self defence... if you own a gun legal you can use it for self-defence. even if you transport it in public and have to use it, you can use it. there are no limitations for self defence. it only have to be justified and
appropriate. even if you are not allowed to own the gun, you can use it for self defence. you will only get a punishment for owning the gun, not for using it. it makes no sense what you are saying. self-defence is always a thin line of what is allowed and what is too much. if there are no cameras and the person who comes to your house has a knife in pocket, there will be no problem. trust me. also if the aggressor is 5 times bigger than you, it could be appropriate to use a gun to stop him, because there is no other possibility for you.

anytime someone from europe is talking about us gun laws, they only see the states who have lax gun laws where you can carry a loaded ar15 on street. try this in new york city. you will be dead in a few seconds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone in their right mind, does not EVER want to take a life. But if someone trespasses into my house without my permission, they have forfeited their right to have an opinion. And I promise you, I would have no problem pulling the trigger or regrets. I do not know what they want, their intentions, their thoughts, nor do I care. They very well could be looking for a $50 camera, or looking to rape one of my daughters or wife. It doesn't matter, as I am not a mind reader. I hope myself or anyone in my family will never be part of this horrible scenario, but it is always a possibility. There are a lot of desperate, undisciplined, ruthless and generally dumb human beings walking this earth.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@ SJGUSMC21 not sad at all UK is right not to allow the use of firearms. 110% agree.
1min google... just google "Andy and Tracey Ferrie shooting". And he had a shotgun, .. :lmao:

"The law is clear that anyone who acts in good faith, using reasonable force, doing what they honestly feel is necessary to protect themselves, their families or their property, will not be prosecuted for such action."

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember this case it was a Very rare case and was all over the news he was a registered Shotgun owner.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember this case it was a Very rare case and was all over the news he was a registered Shotgun owner.
the problem is that you dont understand it. these cases are RARE in most european states because there are only a small amount of people who OWNS a gun because you cannot buy it easy.
But it have nothing to do with using a gun when you have one home like you said before. you mixing up self defence and gun laws. its completley seperated.

also the criminals and the criminal rates are not the same like in some us states. you cannot compare europe with usa ! its like @SJGUSMC21 said... maybe they want to steal your $50 camera... or maybe they want to kill you and rape your daughter. they dont tell you when they come to your house.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It is very difficult to obtain a shotgun licence in UK and you must justify why you need one like the farmer who will use it for pest control. It's a crazy world we live in and more and more people with mental health problems but guns are not the answer.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
It is very difficult to obtain a shotgun licence in UK and you must justify why you need one like the farmer who will use it for pest control. It's a crazy world we live in and more and more people with mental health problems but guns are not the answer.
no. you have just to be active member in a shooting club. if you have no crime record .. (etc).. then you can get a licence and buy a gun. its the same procedure like in other european states.
there are some rules for waiting time etc, so you cannot get a membership, get a licence and buy a gun. but its really easy in any european state to get a legal gun.

i have a licence and its no problem to transfer it to other states and take my guns with me if i change my residence.

if you have any crime record or mental illness, sure you will not get a licence.

first UK should find an answer to all the youth criminals. i left UK because all this. UK is so f**** up (in your words). give UK police weapons might be an answer to everything. its so funny that even most UK police officers are not allowed to carry a gun. they are all laughting about UK police.

Last edited:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you know for sure he was trying to steal a $50 camera? Maybe that was step one in his sinister plot. Disable the camera. Then break inside and commit a violent felony. Who knows? I don't. I would not assume a criminal's intention. I'm not gambling my family's safety on it. I'm not seeding control to a criminal. Sorry. Too many people put themselves in these situations and think a social worker should be called to talk it out. I don't think so.

Last edited: