I am just setting up my Dahua speed dome and Avast anti virus does not like the web interface. is it infected?

Reaction score
the camera is a dahua SD8A820WA-HNF and I got the first alert when trying to export the basic settings and the second alert that also locked the browser right after it.

I just installed 2 other Dahua cameras and did not have this issue, what gives?

IDP generic.PNG
web active alert.PNG

Reaction score
Suggestion :
Drop a copy of the ActiveX installer on to VirusTotal to see if it's a false positive.
dropped the active x installer on there and got one positive out of 68 virus checks, so I set it off to avast and they got back to me last night with a white listing of the install app but after downloading and running the ActiveX file I thought I was going to be good to go but when I moved to the first screen I got this and a locked browser.

tried another pc after disabling avast and windows 10 kicked back with the same error and lock

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta remember these antivirus programs operate based on some sort of algorithm that looks at the number of users using a particular file or program.

In the big scheme of things, users of these cameras are a very small percentage, so it isn't being picked up by the antivirus as being safe.

It is why Blue Iris for example recommends excluding Blue iris from the antivirus scan because in many instances it will be tagged as questionable.

Reaction score
Gotta remember these antivirus programs operate based on some sort of algorithm that looks at the number of users using a particular file or program.

In the big scheme of things, users of these cameras are a very small percentage, so it isn't being picked up by the antivirus as being safe.

It is why Blue Iris for example recommends excluding Blue iris from the antivirus scan because in many instances it will be tagged as questionable.
the thing is I have been using bi, avast and I just used the web component software 4 days ago to install 2 new dahua cameras without an issue

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I get that too on occasion. I am guessing the the algorithm must be on some rolling number of uses or something and if enough haven't used it in awhile it flags it?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
tried another pc after disabling avast and windows 10 kicked back with the same error and lock
From your screenshot it looks like Avast is still active.

the thing is I have been using bi, avast and I just used the web component software 4 days ago to install 2 new dahua cameras without an issue
Presumably Avast had a definitions update that has affected how it assesses the ActiveX control.