I bought a Dahua NVR that doesn't exist anywhere online? Can see cameras but no MD!

ANALOG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought Dahua NVR to replace the now defunct Cleverloop system but can't find ANYTHING online about it?! It's a Dahua NVR2108HS-W-4KS2 and the latest firmware 3.216.0000000.0, Build Date: 2018-07-05

I am still using the same Cleverloop IP camera's over WIFI and they show up fine in the NVR but nothing seems to work with the NVR in relation to Motion Detection. Pulling my hair out setting everything up and reseting everything up but it simply won't trigger even with the regions setup per camera via the NVR and MD enabled with 24 hour active.

The only thing I can think of is that the NVR needs a firmware upgrade or the camera aren't compatible? If it's NVR related, where can I find a more recent version than 3.216.0000000.0 as nothing on the Dahua site? If it's camera related, I thought MD would run on the NVR once a camera signal in present over Onvif? The whole reason I got a Dahua NVR was because I heard Onvif based cameras would work so I wouldn't have to replace them too.

Appreciate any help you can give!

Al

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought MD would run on the NVR once a camera signal in present over Onvif?
Not all ONVIF compatible cameras produce ONVIF motion event subscription notifications, even if the camera supports motion detection under it's own protocol.

Check if your Cleverloop cameras produce ONVIF motion events using ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Give ODM some logon credentials (top left of the window) and it will find ONVIF device automatically.
Check out what events if any show in the Events page.

ANALOG

n3wb
Reaction score
Not all ONVIF compatible cameras produce ONVIF motion event subscription notifications, even if the camera supports motion detection under it's own protocol.

Check if your Cleverloop cameras produce ONVIF motion events using ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Give ODM some logon credentials (top left of the window) and it will find ONVIF device automatically.
Thanks for your quick reply! Im on mac so cant use ONVIF Device Manager unless there is a mac version? I tried using an emulator but its glitchy as hell :( Is there any other way of checking if the Cleverloop cameras produce ONVIF motion events?

ANALOG

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a screengrab from the camera config:

1597010365764.png

Motion detection is on (although I have no idea what 'Window 1' is?!

1597010476367.png

Nothing is set in the Alarm action. Does something need to be enabled to send MD trigger to the NVR?

Thanks!

ANALOG

n3wb
Reaction score

I also just noticed the NVR Onvif version is 2.4.1 and the cameras are all 2.5. Could this be the issue?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Motion detection is on (although I have no idea what 'Window 1' is?!
I'd guess it's a pre-defined active area of the video, as opposed to the usual method where the active areas can be 'painted'.
But if so - why no other windows mentioned?

I also just noticed the NVR Onvif version is 2.4.1 and the cameras are all 2.5. Could this be the issue?
I don't believe so.
Event subscriptions are defined at a base level.

ONVIF Device Manager unless there is a mac version?
Not that I'm aware of.
And I don't know if there are any mac viewers that support ONVIF.
It may be worth researching if any exist.
Or maybe borrow a Windows laptop to test the cameras.