I bought a LOREX LN4K-168W system. Help me understand "Sequencing"

Louver16

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a Lorex brand, and have some question about Sequencing through "connected" cameras.
The NVR has 16 channels. I have 8 cameras connected.
What I'm "wanting" to do, is view the 8 connected in Sequence Mode, without the other (nothing connected) blank channels visible on the monitor.
I've looked for the answer in the manuals, online, and can not find how to do it.
Maybe it's not an option?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Or, maybe I won't get any help because I bought a name brand. Am I banned? :eek:

Louver16

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the attached below help? It's page 99 of the 138 page manual found here.
Yes Sir, it would, if the info inside pertained. I downloaded ALL of the reference material for the cameras, NVR and complete system.
I spent most of my time within the resource materials, and found nothing. Then Google, then a search for forums. Which is what brought me here to ask. LOL.

I appreciate your time!!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes Sir, it would, if the info inside pertained. I downloaded ALL of the reference material for the cameras, NVR and complete system.
I spent most of my time within the resource materials, and found nothing. Then Google, then a search for forums. Which is what brought me here to ask. LOL.

I appreciate your time!!
I guess you could say I crapped out! I'm a Blue Iris VMS guy any way, have set up maybe a half dozen NVR's for others...just not my forte.
Seems like Lorex support is somewhat lacking.
Good luck!

Louver16

n3wb
Reaction score
Lorex Set-Up, it lacks simplicity. The settings are literally all over the place.

I've had a headache since I've been trying to figure out the sequencing. Page 99, and the reference to Section 12 / Page 42, that may solve my dilemma.
I'll have a look in the AM. ;)

abemares

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a Lorex brand, and have some question about Sequencing through "connected" cameras.
The NVR has 16 channels. I have 8 cameras connected.
What I'm "wanting" to do, is view the 8 connected in Sequence Mode, without the other (nothing connected) blank channels visible on the monitor.
I've looked for the answer in the manuals, online, and can not find how to do it.
Maybe it's not an option?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Or, maybe I won't get any help because I bought a name brand. Am I banned? :eek:
Did you ever found an answer? i been on the same issue and with lorex tech support all day and nothing.............so frustrating!

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If i recall go into settings under display then click sequence, then unchecked everything there , then click each box that you have a camera hooked up to, then you can set how many seconds you want it to stay on each camera before it moves on.You can check the Sequence box if you want or you can riight cllick on the screen and bring up main menu and just click sequence and you should be good to go.

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry i left out a step when under sequence tab make sure-split is set to view 1 to show all cameras then unchecked all except the channels you have hooked up the hit OK or apply only cameras that are hooked up will show now no more black boxes.

abemares

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for replying! I’m sure I done all That, I will try one more time. I’m going to uncheck all cameras first then hit apply then select connected cameras and hit apply again?
I have set:
  • motion sequence type: view 1
  • split: view 4
  • dwell: 5,6,7,8,9, etc……..
  • Under split where you can check/uncheck cameras I have deleted rows, kept the same rows but change camera # to the ones I have connected, made sure I have selected connected cameras only and edit to have rows with connected cameras only. Restarted NVR after changing configuration settings and still nothing.
I have also spent time with lorex tech support and nothing.
- FYI: lorex tech support, not so great, if you know your way around your NVR you end up telling them what to do or show them what’s available.

Last edited:

abemares

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry i left out a step when under sequence tab make sure-split is set to view 1 to show all cameras then unchecked all except the channels you have hooked up the hit OK or apply only cameras that are hooked up will show now no more black boxes.
still nothing: I do have firmware: 00003

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you don't want to delete nothing, under split view it should be :"Split View 1" that shows all the cameras in a column not rows i think that's where you are making your mistake .

Last edited:

abemares

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I did noticed section where all cameras are in a column individually. I did uncheck unwanted cameras and I still see them under sequence.

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I did noticed section where all cameras are in a column individually. I did uncheck unwanted cameras and I still see them under sequence.
Are you sure you are clicking save after your done? should be no reason why it should not work.

abemares

n3wb
Reaction score
60BD0B99-EBF9-4CDD-ACBD-06A7D12EC21F.jpeg
last row (#4) where you see 1 6 9 3: I use to have cameras 11 12 13 14 15 16: I do not want to see these cameras. I have uncheck and now I even kept the row and just switch them to cameras that I do want and currently have connected. Still nothing. Hopefully this pics helps me explain more! Thanks

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Start in view 4 and make sure no boxes are checked, then move to view 8 do the same for view 9 and 16 and keep moving down the list till nothing is checked. Then go back to view 1 and only put a check mark in the cameras you have hooked up no other boxes should have a check mark in them click apply and see what you got.

Last edited:

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are a genius! I just got off lorex tech support for the 4th time, lorex needs tech support for their tech support
Good deal hope it is working for you now. If you want you can UN-check sequence box, and when your looking at all your cameras you can right click and hit sequence there and if you get tired of looking at it hit it again and it will go back to normal screen.that way you don't have to log into menu to change it