I cannot disable user authentication on ONVIF for my new Q-see 1080p camera (QCN8082b) ? please help

ip18

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot disable user authentication on ONVIF for my new Q-see 1080p camera (QCN8082b) ? please help!
The camera came without any instructions. See the map of my setup to live view the camera using my windows 10 Laptop after I logged in with the admin/admin for username and password after downloaded/installed ONVIF device manager onto my Laptop. My problem is I need to have the ONVIF user authentication disabled for my Raymarine MFD (multifunction display) for boating purpose. I need to stream my 1080p camera live view into the MFD so I can film and capture what's in front of my powerboat.

Q-see online tech support was able to remote into my laptop and disabled the ONVIF user authentication of my camera. But, 2 problems (1) the camera get no signal when I click to live view it inside ONVIF now, (2) I can live view only if I log into the web page option inside the ONVIF with admin/admin username/password.

ip18

n3wb
Reaction score
some pictures to help you see what I am dealing withimage1 (11).jpeg image1 (11).jpeg image1 (11).jpeg

ip18

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what I see now after opening ONVIF - no signal after user authentication was turned off in ONVIF

image1 (13).jpeg

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you disable onvif authentication than you shouldn't be able to login with onvif device manager. That would defeat the whole purpose.

ip18

n3wb
Reaction score
I needed the ONVIF authentication disabled for use to connect the camera to Raymarine Axiom MFD (multi-function display) for live stream what's ahead my boat. The mfd can show map chart and radar image and camera live view in the same display. Raymarine needs third party camera to have ONVIF authentication disabled. Q-see tech support turned it off for me but they must have some policy to disallow it to happen on their end. What a bummer. I will have to return the camera and get a different camera that allow me to disable it.

The camera is not used to safe guard anything!!! It will not be connected to wifi or internet. Just connect between Display and camera with ethernet cable.

ip18

n3wb
Reaction score
here is my setup that gives me live-view without a NVR or DVR. It was hooked up to POE switch that I already have and my laptop.camera setup.jpg

Reaction score
Hello IP18 N3WB,
I’m trying to do the same thing with the Raymarine chartplotter. Were you ever able to solve this? I’ve been exploring onvif_srvr as a means to circumvent this.
Thanks!