I cannot find shutter speed adjustment anywhere

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can log into cameras via web service/internet explorer but cannot find shutter speed any where.
Certainly nothing in nvr software than I can find either.

NVR5216-16p
Cameras Hdw5831, Hdw5231.

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since you guys drifted off, I wanna join.

Why is it, I have 5 identical cameras but when I go into “encode” the max allowable bit rate for 1 or 2 cameras is different?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’d love to see a daytime shot of that Z12 as you have it set up. The night time shot is fantastic.
Daytime shots

Have the same setup at the Entrance and Cul-de-sac except the Overview camera is slightly different.
-Overview Entrance= 5231Z Bullet (So far having luck with the Z12 focus with the help of reflective tape on the street ;)
-Overview Cul-de-sac= 8231 Bullet (I keep this one in B&W due to the Z12 focus issue)
-Both Tag cameras are 5231-Z12's

Oh yeah, if I happen to miss you coming in or turning around, I get you exiting the neighborhood via an Axis P1365 mkii ;)

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Since you guys drifted off, I wanna join.

Why is it, I have 5 identical cameras but when I go into “encode” the max allowable bit rate for 1 or 2 cameras is different?
What model NVR? Some, particularly DVR/XVR's have a max fps and/or bandwidth and will reduce that for cameras once the limit is hit..

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Daytime shots

Have the same setup at the Entrance and Cul-de-sac except the Overview camera is slightly different.
-Overview Entrance= 5231Z Bullet (So far having luck with the Z12 focus with the help of reflective tape on the street ;)
-Overview Cul-de-sac= 8231 Bullet (I keep this one in B&W due to the Z12 focus issue)

Oh yeah, if I happen to miss you coming in or turning around, I get you exiting the neighborhood via an Axis P1365 mkii ;)
Are those cams pole mounted?

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Daytime shots

Thanks for posting that. That's a kick ass setup. I wish I had street lights near my house and while I don't see the reflective tape in the pictures, that's a solid idea although up in the Northeast I can't see it lasting through the winter!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Two white spots dead center lane under the rear of the F150 ;)

Yeah the tape wouldnt do much good covered with snow, there are a couple of scripts provided by some good members on here that will take care of the focus problem, I just havent got around to implementing them. (You do have to have something running the script that can talk 24/7 to the camera).
Focus issue seems to mostly affect cameras at 80%+ or so zoom...

Remember neither tag camera relies on the street lights. Running 1/1000-1/2000 exposure all they see is the reflection of the IR light I have hung on top of each pole. This one: Tendelux 200ft IR

The HOA paid for everything, most owners like them. I live in the middle of the short dog-leg street so my own cameras cover what the HOA cams dont. We're pretty fortunate.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes... about 12'
Here are pics of some of my ultras on their polls, also about 12'. As mentioned in one of the treads I had started a while back, some are experiencing groundloop issues. Had a technician come out, he suggested I place a non-conductive material between the camera junction-box and the metal pole, such as a thick piece of black plastic so that the aluminium junction-box and camera do not touch the metal pole. The other alternative would be to use plastic junction boxes. These are Dahua PFA 121 junction boxes which are drilled into the pole. Have any of needed to insulate the camera from a metal pole on pole mount installations before?

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting, mine are mounted straight to the poles, no problems. I'll snag a picture tomorrow..