I cannot get Amcrest ash21 cameras to connect to blue iris

Krosenqu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, Jack7!

This was helpful. I am finally able to edit the config settings of the ASH21-W via desktop instead of using the iOS Amcrest Smart Home app.

Do you see a way to set PTZ presets?
I perused the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software and although I can use PTZ, I don't see a way to set presets like many of the web and phone apps can, including the iOS Amcrest View Pro app.

Last edited:

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To setup or go to Preset using ASP (Amcrest Surveillance Pro):
Go to ASP Live View screen, and view your camera.
Click PTZ at bottom left, then click camera video image to enable PTZ menu.
At bottom of PTZ menu, click More Functions.
Now you will see Preset menu at bottom of PTZ menu.
You should be able to figure out what to do there to select a preset and go to it, or Edit it (name it, save it, or remove it).

I can't setup presets in IOS Amcrest View Pro (AVP) as you say you can.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From what I gather, one can set up PTZ presets in ASP or AVP but once those are set, when you go to Blue Iris you cannot call up any of those presets?

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From what I gather, one can set up PTZ presets in ASP or AVP but once those are set, when you go to Blue Iris you cannot call up any of those presets?
I don't know if it works with BI. Nobody has reported trying it. I don't have BI to test it.
I do know that I can setup a preset in Amcrest Surveillance Pro, and go to the preset in Amcrest View Pro with an ASH21.

Last edited:

Krosenqu

n3wb
Reaction score
To setup or go to Preset using ASP (Amcrest Surveillance Pro):
Go to ASP Live View screen, and view your camera.
Click PTZ at bottom left, then click camera video image to enable PTZ menu.
At bottom of PTZ menu, click More Functions.
Now you will see Preset menu at bottom of PTZ menu.
Thanks, @jack7.
You put me on the right path, thank you!
I'm so happy I'm finally able to use this $30 amcrest camera as I want to in Blue Iris :)

Thanks for the reply, maybe I'll hear from the OP @Joegreen or @Krosenqu since they use BI.
@TonyR
I tested the PTZ functionality. This camera can have PTZ presets saved in the 'Amcrest Surveillance Pro' Software and they CAN be called on by Blue Iris.
Step by Step instructions attached.

Also, were you able to find a way to set PTZ presets? The AmcrestSmartHome app doesn’t have that feature that I can find. Thank you in advance! Rob
@OmahaRob, see above and attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

Krosenqu

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't setup presets in IOS Amcrest View Pro (AVP) as you say you can.
You are correct and I have verified using the 'AmcrestViewPro' iOS app.
While you can call on the presets using the 'AmcrestViewPro' iOS app, the AmcrestViewPro app does NOT allow you to save presets.

It appears the only way to save PTZ presets on the Amcrest ASH21-W IP camera is through using the 'Amcrest Surveillance Pro' desktop software.
See attached for example.

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR
I tested the PTZ functionality. This camera can have PTZ presets saved in the 'Amcrest Surveillance Pro' Software and they CAN be called on by Blue Iris.
Step by Step instructions attached.
That answers my question, thanks!
Since the OP's title to this thread is "I cannot get Amcrest ash21 cameras to connect to blue iris" I felt it important to get that detail of obtaining the ASH21's functionality with BI's PTZ calls. This can help someone in the future doing a search for ASH21 and Blue Iris. :cool:

MarcoBe

n3wb
Reaction score
I had my issues with getting this camera going. I have a bunch of other Amcrest camera's all working fine. This one just didn't want to talk.

My cameras are running on a different subnet, and that's where my issue was. The ash21 would talk to requests from this different subnet. I added another network card to my blueiris, hooked it up to that subnet, and boom working.

Hope this helps somebody else out :)