I dont know my IP camera password

Sekab20

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a cheap IP camera from china. I used the app that it told me to download which is V380.
I was able to connect the camera to the app and all was fine. I am now trying to use the windows version of V380.
Whether I add the camera manually or by scanning the network it discovers the camera but says that the password is wrong.
The lable on the camera shows the username as admin but the password entry is blank. So I dont know if the camera is using a password or not.
Does anyone know how I can find what the password is.

Ive also attached a picture of the camera which is a Guudgo 1080P 39 LED Outdoor PTZ IP camera.

Attachments

jshimota01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a suggestion - I did read a manual that says the default is admin/123. (Sketchy but try that first!) The manufacturer says V380 app is your best bet.
Then try the obvious (admin/admin, admin/[empty], Admin/admin, admin/password, root/root, admin/1234) - try using the Onvif tool as an easier method to quickly make your guesses.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/

You may want to factory reset the unit if it has that option in case you've set it accidentally yourself and can't recover.
Also, sometimes there is a mini -CD in the box that might have a text file with help and even a viewer tool that's already pre-programmed.

Sekab20

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks just tried them passwords but they dont work. Also Ive just discovered that the app will allow you to type special characters for the password like the slash but the desktop version wont.
Ive tried the onvif tool but no clue how to add the camera as I dont understand what you have to put as the url.
Ive already reset the the camera a few times and nothings changed. Looks like the desktop version just doesnt like the camera.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks just tried them passwords but they dont work. Also Ive just discovered that the app will allow you to type special characters for the password like the slash but the desktop version wont.
Ive tried the onvif tool but no clue how to add the camera as I dont understand what you have to put as the url.
Ive already reset the the camera a few times and nothings changed. Looks like the desktop version just doesnt like the camera.
If you have not done so already... use Internet Explorer