I don't think i will be buying from E & M tech again

muddypuddle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A few months ago now I ordered a IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS which seems to work fine, but I decided a SD card cam for the driveway would be a better idea and ordered a IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS

This camera drove me crazy for about a week, it would work, then it wouldn't work, had to keep resetting it - something wrong with the firmware I think? - (the other cam worked ok and I did swap everything around)

So I sent it back via tracking for $36 AUD (took about 2 weeks) then after a couple of days knowing they had received it chased them up. I requested that they change it to the non zoom model (IPC-HDBW4431R-AS) As the wide angle would be fine for my driveway.

Anyway waited another 2+ weeks and camera arrived - same as my original model (IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS)
That's ok I thought, I can live with that, but then as I opened it I noticed that the SD card holder does not have a cover on it so there is no way to secure the card.

I'm not even sure the one I received is new, the bag of silicon balls was missing, there was a finger print on the lens (could have been me?) and the metal back cover that snaps on to the lens ring assembly was not in place properly.

I email E & M back and they tell me to send it back for a replacement,

NO WAY I'm going to spend another $36 sending it back and waiting another month,

it would be cheaper to have cut my losses from start and order from someone else.

I have told them I am not going to send it back (at my expense) and have not got a reply since a few days ago

The main reason I ordered from E & M is although its not the cheapest the delivery is only about 2 weeks as opposed to a lot longer for most of the others

I have looked on Ali and ebay and other sources for PCB micro SD card holders and there is a huge range

while the pin pitch should be the same the outside stabilising tabs are obviously different

Can anyone recommend one if they have changed it before - I am good at soldering but I'm just a bit pissed that I have to take it apart and do it