I have a HiLook consumer level NVR. Can I change the camera name?

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a HiLook Model 104-MH NVR with 5 Tb HDD. Just 2 cameras attached. Because it is consumer level it has a much less detailed interface. In it I have a camera named "FrontCam" within the camera itself, and that is what is seen on the video. BUT, the same camera name within the NVR is showing as "IPCamera 01" The camera is a Reolink RLC-410-5MP and has the latest firmware. Of course it could be a Reolink / HiLook compatibility issue, but I would expect to be able to edit it in the menu.

I can't find an option to force it to accept the cameras given name, not can I overtype it in the interface. Am I wasting my time or is there a trick I've missed? The 'Modify' button does not give that option.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, and more if you reply. :)

1624128436711.png

Reaction score
Try -
Configuration | Image | OSD settings |Select camera in dropdown | Camera name
Hi, and thanks for the response. I tried your idea but the following happened. Oh well, it's not too confusing with just 2 cameras so I'll have to put away my little bit of OCD!

1624194840289.png

Dingoboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, and thanks for the response. I tried your idea but the following happened. Oh well, it's not too confusing with just 2 cameras so I'll have to put away my little bit of OCD!

View attachment 92996
This appears to be one of the issues that comes up with NVR owners/users when the camera and NVR brands to not match. Even though the camera manufacturer claims ONVIF compliance there are always going to me inconveniences like this one or timestamp synchronization, etc. You can change the name, but you will need to do it from the camera's interface, not the NVR's. With only 2 cameras, it shouldn't be too cumbersome.