I have one camera that keeps trying to connect with an IP on the internet

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have my firewall dropping these attempts, just curious why only one of my 17 Dahua cams are doing this. Granted, it's a different model from any of my others. All of my cameras are configured in my firewall to drop traffic to and from the internet.

IP that it's trying to reach is:

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had some do that. Which cam is it?

Make sure that P2P/Platform and all of the rest of that stuff is turned off. Under Network > TCP/IP > Easy4IP, make sure that's not checked.
Under UPnP, uncheck the Enable box and uncheck each of the services below.
Check that it's not set to check for firmware updates.

One of mine continued to try to get to Google as a DNS no matter how you had things set. Think a firmware upgrade finally killed that.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've had some do that. Which cam is it?

Make sure that P2P/Platform and all of the rest of that stuff is turned off. Under Network > TCP/IP > Easy4IP, make sure that's not checked.
Under UPnP, uncheck the Enable box and uncheck each of the services below.
Check that it's not set to check for firmware updates.

One of mine continued to try to get to Google as a DNS no matter how you had things set. Think a firmware upgrade finally killed that.
Thanks everyone. The camera is an older IPC-HDW1320S that I use for a dog kennel. Firmware is dated as well, 2.620.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2017-08-30.

I can't find any reference to P2P in any of the network settings, but everything else mentioned is disabled. You might be onto something regarding DNS. I can try removing the DNS settings since the camera doesn't need to access the internet. On the TCP/IP tab it shows 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. My other cams have those same settings... Thoughts?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s Google’s DNS so shouldn’t be going to Amazon. Likely not related to the source of the issue.

Try pointing the gateway and DNS entries to the cam’s own IP address. See if that may keep it from cluttering up logs as much. Or it might just keep trying to do whatever it wants anyway. ; )

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn't look before but that IP is associated with Dahau's P2P service (or what it was at the time):
As we have already seen, website Www.easy4ipcloud.com that uses IP Address 13.52.30.245
Same as I and others saw with some older Dahua cams, they'd try to access P2P even if you had it turned off. Nothing much you can do about it but block it which you're already doing, redirect the gateway, or maybe update firmware if you want to take the usual risk.

Old posts noting same:

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Didn't look before but that IP is associated with Dahau's P2P service (or what it was at the time):

Same as I and others saw with some older Dahua cams, they'd try to access P2P even if you had it turned off. Nothing much you can do about it but block it which you're already doing, redirect the gateway, or maybe update firmware if you want to take the usual risk.

Old posts noting same:
I changed the DNS settings on the camera to it's own IP and hour and a half ago. Since then, 28 attempts to get to that IP have occurred. I'm going to read those two threads you found, I appreciate it!

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you change the gateway too?

Are the attempts by DNS or by IP?

Sounds like you have them blocked anyway so no big deal, but annoying to see them.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did you change the gateway too?

Are the attempts by DNS or by IP?

Sounds like you have them blocked anyway so no big deal, but annoying to see them.
The attempts are by IP. I did not change the gateway, I'll try that now.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The safest way to eliminate the outbound traffic and any risks it may bring, is to not put the camera on a network that has internet access in the first place.

Of course I do not practice what I preach in this case. I just assign the gateway and DNS addresses to something that isn't a router. Then I have this little worry in the back of my mind that the camera could have another hidden IPv4 (or IPv6) address that I don't know about and be accessing the internet that way. But I can't be bothered to set up an actually isolated network every time for cameras so I live with that risk.

93JWJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Changing the Gateway address to the camera IP stopped the chatter.
Thanks! This solved the problem for me too! Strange that it was 1 cam out of 5 identical cams doing it. Problem now is I can no longer access the cam via the IP from my PC on my main admin VLAN. My cams and Blue Iris PC sit on a separate, no internet VLAN. I can still login to the cam on this PC though.

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have My Cams and BI all on 1 Vlan. That Vlan is blocked from getting to the net at all. But 1 exception to the BI -IP address to get what it needs. Still not sure it is working as planned but that will come later.