I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Of course I'm only speaking for myself, but the IR ON/OFF isn't a big deal. The only time I use that is if one of my Hik domes get wet, the IR blinds the camera (bad design imo so working on eliminating them). I do use the logs and disable/enable though so glad to hear they're on your list =) Never have used the focus buttons even in BI...

On a side note, you've done a good enough job with this, you should see if Ken @BI will just hire you to make them a universal windows app lol.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On a side note, you've done a good enough job with this, you should see if Ken @BI will just hire you to make them a universal windows app lol.
LOL. Thanks, but I don't think a universal windows app for BI would be worth very much, given the existence of UI2 and Ken's supposed plans to make a (not universal) client app for Windows. And also there are about half a dozen easy ways to run Android apps in Windows so if you really wanted to you could run the Android app in Windows. Though if you are like me, you don't even run the Android app on your Android devices, and just use UI2 instead. hahaha

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I'm a newbie to to what seems like an excelelent addition to Blue Iris.

My question is if there is a way to get a single camera view ( from several cameras) from just a URL call? instaead of having to go through the default html page?

I am trying to set up diff tablets displaying diff cameras and the option of going into default page and clicking on a specific camera is not really user friendly.

I know it can be done from Blue Iris web server, but can it be done through your customized setup?

Thanks

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
In BI, you can group your cams into 'groups', then select which group you want to monitor in the web UI. does that help?

as for direct URLs for specific cam views, see the BI documentation for "the web server".
in addition to direct links for specific cams, you can also make your own .htm
files for the server to use, and it'll process whatever macros you put in there,
so it's highly customizable as-is.

bp2008's UI2 is such a customization, a very thorough one... :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm a newbie to to what seems like an excelelent addition to Blue Iris.

My question is if there is a way to get a single camera view ( from several cameras) from just a URL call? instaead of having to go through the default html page?

I am trying to set up diff tablets displaying diff cameras and the option of going into default page and clicking on a specific camera is not really user friendly.

I know it can be done from Blue Iris web server, but can it be done through your customized setup?

Thanks
Yes. You can try something like this:

ui2.htm?cam=camera_short_name&fullscreen=1

However in the latest release the fullscreen=1 parameter is bugged and will make the page fail to load. So for now you should leave that out and just use ui2.htm?cam=camera_short_name and manually drag the clip list closed to enter full screen mode.

If you want to do the same with a camera group, use ui2.htm?group=group_name

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed an issue playing alert clips that are currently being recorded.

for example, from main page (all cams view), see that a cam has started recording, click on that cam to make it primary and before the break time,
click the most recent (current) clip thumbnail to play it, and it just flashes/loops in place, not showing the currently recording clip.

this only happens in UI2.htm (not the main BI UI, which plays a currently recording alert clip just fine)

Anyone else notice this? bp2008, i can send you a screen capture of this occurring if it helps to diagnose...
btw, this behaves the same on Firefox Ubuntu and Windows.

thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed an issue playing alert clips that are currently being recorded.

IE, from main page (all cams view), see that a cam has started recording, click on that cam to make it primary and before the break time,
click the most recent (current) clip thumbnail to play it, and it just flashes/loops in place, not showing the currently recording clip.

this only happens in UI2.htm (not the main BI UI, which plays a currently recording alert clip just fine)

Anyone else notice this? bp2008, i can send you a screen capture of this occurring if it helps to diagnose... thanx.
This is because Blue Iris does not know the final duration of the clip before it sends you the clip list, so UI2 doesn't know the final duration of the clip either. If you turn off the seek bar in the options, UI2's clip playback behavior should revert to the old-fashioned way where the clip simply loops endlessly and the advertised clip duration is not enforced.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
True, and indeed if launched via chrome or another modern browser it works fine.

It is just through the browser implementation within hstouch.

Hi
I am new to blue iris and I am also trying to get it into Homeseer Hstouch.

Do you mind explaining how you went about doing this? when I try to show a single camera with http://192.168.xxx.xxx/mjpeg/cam1/video.mjpeg the browser in HSTouch doesn't display it.

How did you get it to display?

Thanks

skarragallagher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the wrong forum. Ui2 won't work in hstouch on the Android client because of limitations oh the code used to display web pages

skarragallagher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use a remote controller (up,down,left,right,ok/enter) to navigate the cameras.

I use this on my TV (media center using kodi) and it would be great to use the remote remote to maximise the cameras

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use a remote controller (up,down,left,right,ok/enter) to navigate the cameras.

I use this on my TV (media center using kodi) and it would be great to use the remote remote to maximise the cameras
Not supported. Maybe in the (distant) future. Do you know how those remote controls work? Does it emulate keyboard keys?

skarragallagher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah basically it is sending key presses, I see you already have those keys mapped to certain functions in the clip view.

I guess what I am asking is (if my previous post wasn't clear) is to be able to the arrow keys and enter to navigate the pane where the cameras display, highlighting as you go and allowing you to press enter to maximise the camera and press enter again to return

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah basically it is sending key presses, I see you already have those keys mapped to certain functions in the clip view.

I guess what I am asking is (if my previous post wasn't clear) is to be able to the arrow keys and enter to navigate the pane where the cameras display, highlighting as you go and allowing you to press enter to maximise the camera and press enter again to return
That is something I have been considering for UI3, which is why I say maybe in the distant future :) I am thinking about making it so that the single clicks will select a camera, and double clicks will full-screen them. Basically it would work more like the local Blue Iris interface in that regard. The main purpose of this is so that I can enable camera-specific functions without forcing you to fullscreen the camera and without using that miserable long-left-click context menu which nobody knows about. A side effect would be that arrow keys could naturally be used to navigate between cameras.

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I have a good idea! Check this out:

At the top of the side bar, beside the calendar icon, add a new icon called OVERNIGHT (or call it whatever). This button automatically filters the alerts to only show alerts between 11pm, and 5am the previous night.

I think this would be a cool button. Every morning,I would launch ui2, click the overnight button, and my alerts panel is already filtered to only show overnight alerts. I could then quick scroll through and look for any crime.

As it sits right now, i have to scroll down until I find 5am, then start scrolling through backwards.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
or more flexible, next to the calendar icon have a clock icon that can be used to define (one or more) time frames of interest (in the previous 24 hrs or ?)
for you it's 11am to 5pm, for someone else, it might be a different range. having some way to bookmark/name/save a specific
time range, like 'last night' or 'lunchtime' would be ideal...

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
or more flexible, next to the calendar icon have a clock icon that can be used to define (one or more) time frames of interest (in the previous 24 hrs or ?)
for you it's 11am to 5pm, for someone else, it might be a different range. having some way to bookmark/name/save a specific
time range, like 'last night' or 'lunchtime' would be ideal...
Yup, good thoughts!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have a good idea! Check this out:

At the top of the side bar, beside the calendar icon, add a new icon called OVERNIGHT (or call it whatever). This button automatically filters the alerts to only show alerts between 11pm, and 5am the previous night.

I think this would be a cool button. Every morning,I would launch ui2, click the overnight button, and my alerts panel is already filtered to only show overnight alerts. I could then quick scroll through and look for any crime.

As it sits right now, i have to scroll down until I find 5am, then start scrolling through backwards.
I could definitely do this, but why would you want to limit the clip list to such arbitrary hours? What if you went to bed at 10:30 PM having forgotten to get your mail from your mailbox and someone came by and stole your mail at 10:45 PM or 5:01 AM or whenever??

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I could definitely do this, but why would you want to limit the clip list to such arbitrary hours? What if you went to bed at 10:30 PM having forgotten to get your mail from your mailbox and someone came by and stole your mail at 10:45 PM or 5:01 AM or whenever??
I see your points. I don't have time in the morning to scroll through a 24 hr time frame. I only ever look at before 5am, and after 12am. That's the only time I really care about. I'll check the other hours at a later time. Just thought a nice quick button, to quickly filter the alert list to the most popular crime times, and allow me to quickly scroll through.

If it's a lot of work, and you don't see the benefit, I understand. I just thought it would save a little bit of time. Not imperative.

Last edited by a moderator:

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Request/idea followup: I posted a related idea before in this post about arrow keys to scroll through cameras while in live view mode. I didn't realize arrow keys controlled PTZ.

I'd like a simple (Mac-friendly...no page up/dn) way to advance to the next camera's live view. If I'm in live view on camera 1, press ENTER (or whatever button) will take me to live view of camera 2. another press, camera 3.