I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

odysse74

n3wb
Reaction score
Argh. That should be impossible. I will look into it.

Hello,
it is possible réinstall the previous version ?
Where can i download it ?
Or can you send it to me ?

Thanks a lot.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The previous version should be in your Downloads folder, unless you deleted or overwrote it or never "saved" it in the first place. I don't have the previous version handy right now, but I can get it to you tomorrow if you need it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.

I just have a small problem with the last version with de web interface: when I click on "GO LIVE" I have the defect this joined in photo.

Thank you in advance.
@+

OdyView attachment 10754
Ok, I have a theory about this. The latest UI2 reloads the camera list periodically in the background (this lets it adapt to the new layout when a camera gets enabled or disabled). If that camera list came back empty, or otherwise was missing the data for the camera group you were last viewing, then it would lead to that error message. I just don't have a clue why the camera list would be malformed like that.

Is this a repeatable thing for you? If so, if you could give me temporary access to your Blue Iris web server I could confirm this theory and provide a proper fix.

Felix2000

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI
My system is having the same error when I log into via browser (repeatable / every time) from within my LAN and has been since I updated to v0.15.1. Prior to that I had been running v0.13.

PS. Live view page is excellent... switched to it and haven't looked back. Thank you for your constant efforts and improvements.
Felix

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

odysse74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

.... Or if it is easier for you, you can send me the previous version...
... As you want...

Thank you.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have uploaded the fix for @odysse74 's problem. Thanks for your assistance by providing access to your server!

v0.16.1 - 2016-05-19
* Fixed a bug that caused many errors for people who have only one camera and no camera groups in Blue Iris.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI
My system is having the same error when I log into via browser (repeatable / every time) from within my LAN and has been since I updated to v0.15.1. Prior to that I had been running v0.13.

PS. Live view page is excellent... switched to it and haven't looked back. Thank you for your constant efforts and improvements.
Felix

View attachment 10778
I don't think this is actually a UI2 error. It looks like your browser is loading a 3rd-party script for a browser extension/plugin and something is wrong with that script. UI2 just reports the problem because it has a "catch-all" error handler which shows that message box.

So ... check your browser extensions/plugins.

If you really think it will help, here is version 0.15.1 of UI2:

http://ipcamtalk.com/bp08/bp2008_bi_webserver_files_2016-05-02_v0.15.1.zip

And version 0.13.0:

http://ipcamtalk.com/bp08/bp2008_bi_webserver_files_2016-03-07_v0.13.0.zip

smallpox

n3wb
Reaction score
does anyone else experience coming to the screen and it's left ui2.htm and is on a static /image/ link? this happens almost nightly for me and i'm looking for a chrome extension to auto reload the ORIGINAL URL as in, http://cam:81/ui2.htm but what auto reload ends up doing is just reloading http://cam:81/image/992509295w492? or whtaqever the link was.

thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
does anyone else experience coming to the screen and it's left ui2.htm and is on a static /image/ link? this happens almost nightly for me and i'm looking for a chrome extension to auto reload the ORIGINAL URL as in, http://cam:81/ui2.htm but what auto reload ends up doing is just reloading http://cam:81/image/992509295w492? or whtaqever the link was.

thanks
A few other people have had this happen. I have finally been able to reproduce the problem on my system, by:

1) Checking the log in automatically box on my login page.
2) Forcing all BI connections to require authentication (Secure only box checked also, so it uses the login page)
3) Ending my Blue Iris session prematurely by selecting the session in Blue Iris Status panel and pressing the Delete key.

At this point, UI2's next status update detects that the session has expired, and after 5 seconds it attempts a page reload. Blue Iris redirects to login with a URL like this:

/login.htm?page=%2Fui2.htm%3Fpage=%2Fimage%2Findex%3Ftime=1463683732382%26w=332

And that is where the problems start. What Blue Iris should have done is redirect to:

/login.htm?page=%2Fui2.htm

But for some reason it nested a second "page" parameter in the URL.

So, auto login happens. It sends you to:

/ui2.htm?page=/image/index?time=1463683732382

Eventually, your session is mysteriously lost again. Again, UI2 attempts to reload ui2.htm. Again, Blue Iris redirects, but this time it redirects to:

/login.htm?page=%2Fimage%2Findex%3Ftime=1463683732382

And after auto-login, the login page sends you to:

/image/index?time=1463683732382

where the browser is now stuck because that is just an image.

TL;DR

This is happening because Blue Iris's redirect logic is buggy or something. I will add a workaround for the next version of UI2 and also let Ken know.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@superfake123 @smallpox

I think I've fixed the problem. Please try the new update.

v0.16.2 - 2016-05-19
+ Added a workaround for a Blue Iris bug which sometimes resulted in the browser being redirected to a static image.

smallpox

n3wb
Reaction score
@superfake123 @smallpox

I think I've fixed the problem. Please try the new update.

v0.16.2 - 2016-05-19
+ Added a workaround for a Blue Iris bug which sometimes resulted in the browser being redirected to a static image.
i can't complete a login anymore. i took login.htm from the older release and overwrote it and i can log in again, if not, it just logs in automatically, counts down and tries again.

thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
i can't complete a login anymore. i took login.htm from the older release and overwrote it and i can log in again, if not, it just logs in automatically, counts down and tries again.

thanks
Hmm. I have not changed login.htm in ages. Certainly not in this last update. Your problem was something else probably. When I was debugging this issue I had to go through the login page a lot, and noticed several times that it would send me to places like /undefined (which doesn't exist). To say it is a little buggy would be fair.

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The last few weeks I see this error every time I load the jpegpull.htm:

Capture.PNG

When I click ok, it pops up again immediately, but Chrome lets me check a box to prevent more error alerts. Page seems to work fine after that, but it's frustrating to have to clear two errors every time I load the page.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The last few weeks I see this error every time I load the jpegpull.htm:

View attachment 10869

When I click ok, it pops up again immediately, but Chrome lets me check a box to prevent more error alerts. Page seems to work fine after that, but it's frustrating to have to clear two errors every time I load the page.
This is most likely caused by your web browser stubbornly loading a very old cached version of the ui2-utils.js file. Browser caches, man. Can't live with them. Can't live without them. Cached files are probably the most common problem with UI2. There are 3 ways to solve this:

1) Do CTRL + F5 as recommended in the error message.
2) Clear your browser cache and then reload the page as normal.
3) Download the latest UI2, because five days ago I added a version parameter to the script addresses which should force the browser to correctly re-load all the scripts. Your version is one release too old to have that.

If none of these things work, let me know.

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is most likely caused by your web browser stubbornly loading a very old cached version of the ui2-utils.js file. Browser caches, man. Can't live with them. Can't live without them. Cached files are probably the most common problem with UI2. There are 3 ways to solve this:

1) Do CTRL + F5 as recommended in the error message.
2) Clear your browser cache and then reload the page as normal.
3) Download the latest UI2, because five days ago I added a version parameter to the script addresses which should force the browser to correctly re-load all the scripts. Your version is one release too old to have that.

If none of these things work, let me know.
Thanks, but I don't think it's the cache. I should have mentioned I see the same thing on 4 different computers. I just cleared cache today, but still see the error.

Out of curiosity I disabled all Chrome extensions and found that the error went away. So one by one I started re-enabling extensions and when I enabled JavaScript Errors Notifier, the error started again. So it must be something in that extension causing the alert to popup.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So one by one I started re-enabling extensions and when I enabled JavaScript Errors Notifier, the error started again. So it must be something in that extension causing the alert to popup.
Thanks. It turns out that extension and the UI2 code both have defined something named "CustomEvent", and one overrides the other, and trouble ensues. I shall rename "CustomEvent" in UI2 and that should make the problem go away.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@TWallace I have uploaded a small update to fix this. Since the update changes nothing else, I have decided this update should not cause an update notification for everyone like a normal update would.

v0.16.3 - 2016-05-23
* Changed the name of the "CustomEvent" script component to solve a compatibility problem with the Chrome extension: JavaScript Errors Notifier

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I appreciate you going to the trouble to fix this issue which likely only affects me.

Looks like you need to rename the object in jpegpull.htm on line 47. It's still referencing CustomEvent instead of UI2_CustomEvent. I can change it manually in my file, but future updates will break it for me obviously.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate you going to the trouble to fix this issue which likely only affects me.

Looks like you need to rename the object in jpegpull.htm on line 47. It's still referencing CustomEvent instead of UI2_CustomEvent. I can change it manually in my file, but future updates will break it for me obviously.
No problem. I don't see any reference in the other files, so I am not sure what you are referring to. Maybe you replaced jpegpull.htm with a copy of ui2.htm at some point.