I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a small issue, audio playback does not work for clips and alerts - currentlyLoadingImage.audio ís false.
It only works for live view - with about 15s delay.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a small issue, audio playback does not work for clips and alerts - currentlyLoadingImage.audio ís false.
It only works for live view - with about 15s delay.
Audio playback is currently only possible for live view, as you've noticed. Blue Iris won't provide audio for clips, and even if it did, it would go way out of sync the moment you used the seek bar or played the video faster or slower.

Internet Explorer on default.htm is best for audio playback. Next best is Firefox in UI2.

J0akim93

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I got an interesting problem. I have updated ui2 to the latest version and it works. But when I try to log in from outside my network the login page just reloads.. This when I use google chrome or mozilla firefox. With IE it logs me in and everything works. It is just as not smooth in IE as in chrome or firefox. But here's the interesting part. In my local network chrome and firefox works.. And when I check my firewall it doesn't block anything from the outside that tries to connect to the BI computer.. So can someone help me with this?

Then as an different question. How do you set up BI to record? the "combine or cut" setting is making me confused. If i click it and choose something in it then it combines to the specified lenght but if it has been little motion it is just the same motion that keeps running until the specified time is long enough..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I got an interesting problem. I have updated ui2 to the latest version and it works. But when I try to log in from outside my network the login page just reloads.. This when I use google chrome or mozilla firefox. With IE it logs me in and everything works. It is just as not smooth in IE as in chrome or firefox. But here's the interesting part. In my local network chrome and firefox works.. And when I check my firewall it doesn't block anything from the outside that tries to connect to the BI computer.. So can someone help me with this?
Hello. It sounds like you have simply typed the wrong user name and password into the login page, because the "wrong password" behavior is for it to simply reload. My next UI2 release will have a new login page that should provide proper feedback.

Then as an different question. How do you set up BI to record? the "combine or cut" setting is making me confused. If i click it and choose something in it then it combines to the specified lenght but if it has been little motion it is just the same motion that keeps running until the specified time is long enough..
Are you saying Blue Iris is duplicating footage over and over and over when you use "combine or cut"? It sounds like a BI bug, but I haven't heard of it before. Combine or cut is only intended to combine motion recordings into one file, or split continuous recordings into multiple files. It is not supposed to duplicate anything. Oh, also, you should definitely be using "Blue Iris DVR" (.bvr) format in combination with "combine or cut".

J0akim93

n3wb
Reaction score
I just made an new user and it don´t work. Locally it works..

I´ll test that combine or cut again. Because last I tested it I thought that it did work normally in blueiris locally. But I'll test and report back.

arion

n3wb
Reaction score
This remote view page is so much better than the stock BI page. Thank you!!!

I have this page running on a Raspberry Pi with a display that is always on. Is there a way to refresh the alerts list more frequently? I am not sure what the refresh rate is right now, but it takes hours to update. I am wondering if it is possible to set the alert refresh rate as low as possible without having to click the refresh button above the alert list.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The alerts and clips lists do not update automatically. It has been a "planned" feature forever but ... well ... you know.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
(in response to deleted post)

My guess is that you didn't put the files directly in the www directory, maybe in a subdirectory instead. That might break the default2.htm or jpegpull2.htm pages (I'm not 100% sure of that though). It is intended for my files to go straight into the root of "www". In any case, I recommend you try the ui2.htm page instead, as it is much more advanced.

Last edited:

kevth

n3wb
Reaction score
First of all thanks so much for devoting your time to this. Greatly appreciated. Quick question, I'm installing a Raspberry Pi with FullPageOS that will boot directly to ui2 and start to display the cameras without any input. I would like it to "all cameras cycle" without clicking on the link to do so. Is there an URL I can set for this purpose? Is there a direct way? Thanks.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like it to "all cameras cycle" without clicking on the link to do so. Is there an URL I can set for this purpose? Is there a direct way? Thanks.
Sure!

Find the "Current Camera" label at the top of UI2 and change it to All cameras cycle. This selection should be remembered between page loads. If not, you can add the parameter ?group=@index (@ means group cycle, while "index" is the ID of the all cameras group). So ... /ui2.htm?group=@index

For any of this to work, you need your All cameras group to have its cycle enabled in Blue Iris. In the latest versions of Blue iris, the All cameras cycle will actually cycle through your group layouts instead of the individual cameras, and I'm not sure there is a way around this so if it is a problem I suggest you create a custom group and add every camera to it, then enable its cycle.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't know what happened but the font size for the text next to the clips is huge now and now matter what I try, I can't see the time length of the clips because it wraps several times due to the giant sized font. I looked through the menu options but couldn't find it. Where do I set the font size for clips?

On a related note, I did try searching this thread for "font size" but the search result just return the entire 75 page thread and doesn't indicate which of those pages contains the words "font size". Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what happened but the font size for the text next to the clips is huge now and now matter what I try, I can't see the time length of the clips because it wraps several times due to the giant sized font. I looked through the menu options but couldn't find it. Where do I set the font size for clips?

On a related note, I did try searching this thread for "font size" but the search result just return the entire 75 page thread and doesn't indicate which of those pages contains the words "font size". Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
You've probably increased font scaling in your browser somehow (maybe a cat walked over your keyboard and pressed some hotkeys). UI2 doesn't provide font sizing options for the clip list.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That was the first thing I checked but my font size in Chrome (Win 7) is still set to medium. Also, if it was a browser font size change wouldn't the font size also change in the top bar of UI2? Here is a screen snap:

ui2font_issue.PNG

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange. I don't think your font size is actually any bigger. You probably just expanded the clip list using the drag bar just to the right of its scroll bar (double click that drag bar to return to normal scale).

The problem is your camera name is wrapping instead of having the last portion hidden as intended. The hyphen is likely the culprit. I will put it on my to-do list to try and prevent hyphens from causing the text to wrap. Next version of UI2 will ensure the camera name does not wrap even with a hyphen. No idea when the next release will be though. I have other projects consuming my time.

Last edited:

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Strange. I don't think your font size is actually any bigger. You probably just expanded the clip list using the drag bar just to the right of its scroll bar (double click that drag bar to return to normal scale).

The problem is your camera name is wrapping instead of having the last portion hidden as intended. The hyphen is likely the culprit. I will put it on my to-do list to try and prevent hyphens from causing the text to wrap. Next version of UI2 will ensure the camera name does not wrap even with a hyphen. No idea when the next release will be though. I have other projects consuming my time.
Yep, I think you're right. I just added that camera and so the name with the hyphen is a first for my group of cameras and thus I haven't had any other names wrap, causing the time information to be pushed out of view. I think it was that combined with the clip list being dragged out pretty far that made it look unusual to me. No rush on getting the release out, now that I know what the issue is. Thanks!

Reaction score
I nay have missed it, however has anyone asked how to make ui2 the default location once logging in.

For example my client goes to his static ip, get the login page, and then get auto logged in and passed to ui2?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I nay have missed it, however has anyone asked how to make ui2 the default location once logging in.

For example my client goes to his static ip, get the login page, and then get auto logged in and passed to ui2?
Go to Blue Iris Options > Users tab and edit each user. At the bottom of the Edit user dialog change Homepage to ui2.htm

dashony

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I have a question but first I have to thank the web page developer for the awesome work/look/functionality of the UI2. I've been using it for over 2 years and I'm loving it.
My question I have is in regards to "all cameras cycle" option. By default it is set to 2 seconds on each camera and customisable for up to 10 minutes I believe. I have changed this to 5 seconds but the cameras are still cycling after 2 seconds on each feed. It also says "you must reload clips list for this to take effect" but I don't seem to find how to do this. I've tried multiple ways to reload the clips list but I don't seem to find how to get this to update to 5 seconds.
Thanks for your help in advance.