I need a recommendation for a wide-angle, outdoor camera and parapet wall mount

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to stick with Dahua cameras as that is what I currently use (I have 50 cameras online so far). I am looking for a camera I can mount on a parapet mount on my roof that will hang over the tilt wall. I bought a Dahua Parapet mount I found on sale (PFB303S ), but these seem to be made for PTZ cameras. I couldn't find a way to mount one of my Dahua eyeball cameras to it. I bought what I thought was a camera accessory mount for the Parapet mount (PFA106), but it neither fit on the parapet mount nor did any of the mounting holes line up with any on two different style eyeball cameras I have here. Now I am still searching for a mounting solution and cameras. I would prefer to stick with a parapet mount rather than have to drill through the tilt wall and have to rent a bucket left to gain access. My walls are fairly high, but it is easy to work from the back side of the wall from the roof. Any suggestions?

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dome cameras tend to zoom out to about a 110 degree corner to corner view angle. If you want wider than that you are pretty much stuck with a multi-sensor or fisheye/360 camera. The problem with mounting a fisheye camera on a parapet mount is that it is going to face straight down, which puts half of your field of view looking back at the wall. So you end up with a 360 camera, which by definition has a poor pixel density on target, being even worse because it's only using half of its pixels for the interesting view. Or, even if you do mount it facing away from the wall, you are still wasting 60% of the pixels because they only see sky (upwards).

For a scenario of trying to watch all the area opposite a building, ideally I like to have two conventional dome cameras pointed towards each other, mounted on opposite ends of the exterior wall, each set at about a 100 degree corner to corner view angle. This way there are no blind spots, no wasted pixels, and by zooming in a bit (because you are overlapping two cameras) the far away items stay a bit bigger in the view.

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am fine with eyeball or turret cameras, I mostly want to look down in front of the front, side, and rear doors. I may end up having to drill through the wall but was hoping to avoid that if I could find an appropriate parapet wall mount.

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This could work: PFB303S -> PFA111 -> PFA109 -> 5231/5442
I wonder if this would work: PFB303S -> PFA103 -> PFA130-E -> Eyeball cameras

I still have several of the PFA130-E mounts left over. I will order a PFA103 and see if it fits the parapet mount.

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PFA103 will fit but PFA130-E needs three new mounting holes.
This is also could work:
PFB303S -> PFA111 -> PFA106 -> PFA130-E and/or Eyeball

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my parts in and I found that with the IPC-T2231 cameras that I have on hand that I could eliminate the PFA130-E from the "accessory stack". Here is what I ended up with:

PFB303S-> PFA111 - PFA106 -> T2231 camera