I need a technical Sherlock Holmes on this one!

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just bought three of these cameras. They are perfect for my application- using them to monitor the Western Screech owl in specially built nest boxes in the very far reaches of southwestern Arizona. Initially the only changes I made to the defaults was to change the audio encode from AAC to G.711A and in the encode rate from 44,000 to 8000. I had to make those changes because at the default setting I was unable to download video with audio in either the .DAV or .ASF. I was able to get video on the .DAV but no audio track. On .ASF nothing. Now to the problem.

Before I changed the audio I was able to see these cameras on Smart PSS but after the change, no image on the three cameras on PSS. Now, they are visible on the NVR monitor and on the Web Service but not on PSS or the TechProSS lite app developed by Dahua .

Anyone hazard a guess?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just bought three of these cameras. They are perfect for my application- using them to monitor the Western Screech owl in specially built nest boxes in the very far reaches of southwestern Arizona. Initially the only changes I made to the defaults was to change the audio encode from AAC to G.711A and in the encode rate from 44,000 to 8000. I had to make those changes because at the default setting I was unable to download video with audio in either the .DAV or .ASF. I was able to get video on the .DAV but no audio track. On .ASF nothing. Now to the problem.

Before I changed the audio I was able to see these cameras on Smart PSS but after the change, no image on the three cameras on PSS. Now, they are visible on the NVR monitor and on the Web Service but not on PSS or the TechProSS lite app developed by Dahua .

Anyone hazard a guess?
I think this might be a bandwidth issue. I am reducing bandwidth on some of my cameras by choosing h265 on cams that have that feature, cutting the resolution to 720 , and the frame rate to 15 to see if it makes a difference . Any other tips?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I have one of these cameras but have it connected to Blue Iris. I do not use any other app other than Chrome w/NACL plugin for changing the settings. I have no trouble getting audio or downloading video w/audio from Blue Iris. Below are my audio and video settings.

1583377094389.png

1583377094389.png

Attachments

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Blue Iris is not an option for me. I have all Mac equipment save my NVR which is a Dahua OEM. Your audio settings are the default for that ip cam but for my set-up I had to use G.711A and 8000k otherwise I could hear the sound when streaming but when downloading clips, there was no audio track. Also for me the clips have to be downloaded in .ASF format on the NVR to be converted to .mp4 format so I can edit in iMovie. Quite a PITA!