I need a wireless camera to integrate with my computer

jimmi328

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I’m in search of security camera (need suggestions) to integrate with my computer (if possible) until I’m ready to buy a complete security system.

I have two computers, both with plenty of hard drive space (multiple drives) and each computer has two monitors. Is it possible to use a wireless camera(s) that connects via my router and footage recorded to my hard drive?

Thank you

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nope, wireless will drop out and mess up your recordings...

Wifi is fine if your just connecting to the camera and viewing it on occasion, ie most of the time its not transmitting data on Wifi. If you get a WiFi camera that can record to local SD card you can make it work, since it can still record without relying on the network.

but once you start saving that video remotely that wireless connection has to be 100% reliable without ever slowing down 24/7/365, and thats quite unreasonable in any wireless environment.. anytime anyone runs a microwave its likely to crap out.

Just gets worse as you add more, if you have an absolutely perfect wireless spectrum and get really reliable and strong wifi.. you'll get about 2 cameras on before you run out of radio waves.