I Need Help with Hikvision Cameras

dmarsh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all- I have 2 Hikvision IP dome cameras that the previous home owners of our house installed. I do not have them connected to a NVR, just the POE injector, and I can only live view from the web browser or EZViz app on my phone. They had been working great for the past year.

About 2 weeks ago, AT&T replaced our gateway due to internet trouble. Our cameras still worked just fine for the first week. However, now I can not live view them. I checked the POE and it is on. The cameras show up as connected devices when I check my router's IP address, and the red light comes on at night on the cameras. So I know they are getting power.

When we first moved into the house, the cameras did the same thing and I googled it and found that AT&T had probably done an update to the gateway and I had to go in and change a single setting and then they worked again. Unfortunately, I can no longer find the post I had read at that time to know what to change.

Oddly enough, today I randomly checked and both cameras worked on my browser and EZViz app. When I checked a couple hours later, they were gone.

I really don't think the cameras themselves have gone bad as they clearly still work, and it would be strange for them to both go bad on the same day, then come back randomly today and go off again.

Can anyone help me out, please?

mjb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not sure I can help, but what comes to mind is whether the old router/modem was assigning reserved ("static") IP addresses to the two cameras. This told your viewing software where to find them on the network. Perhaps those IP address assignments were lost during the transfer to the new modem/router. The new modem/router is randomly assigning addresses (most likely every 24 hours) and if it happens to coincide with the old reserved address you'll see the cameras, but if it doesn't, you won't.

Suggest you download the SADP program and run it to see if the network "sees" your cameras. Or open a browser window to the modem/router and check to see if they are there. Then check which IP address it has and compare that to what your viewing software has for the address.