I need help with installation- Houston, TX area - I will pay

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope all of you are doing well. My camera installer tends to disappear for extended periods of time :(

I have some new Dahua cameras which I purchased from @EMPIRETECANDY that are ready to be installed.

The project is fun and relatively simple, it is just that I do not have the skill to do it on my own.

If you are an installer, even a hobby installer, or know of one, please let me know asap.

I would love to have someone from this site, but if not, that is fine.

I will pay all fees of course.

Thank you!

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub forum, please move it if needed.

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What all are you trying to install? and install location are ? I am pretty sure you have the ability as I did all my own stuff at my house...

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to install a couple of turrets maybe inside the house and a couple of bullets outside the house we have a small acreage property.

I am terrible at dealing with wiring, and know little about drilling etc. I learn quick, but this is a family home, so I do not want to damage anything I cannot afford to repair.

I would rather have someone who is familiar with the hardware install do it for me...

I am sure there is someone from the Houston area on here?

Maybe someone who wants to experiment a bit, learn, and get paid?

Thanks!!

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got ya and fully understand. I kind of did the same thing and reached out to a few people on the board but to no avail had no luck at all.

I installed all my stuff on my own and prob is best as you learn what works and doesn't work. It takes time to get the good views you and and lean the equipment that you have bought. I learn every day and play with it all constantly trying to do what would work in my situation best. I have a lot going on around me so I have been working on my programming of my PTZ's and learning to download and make the dav files viewable in API for it being viewed by others.

I am sure you can look up my name and the local houston tv stations and see a few of my videos ranging from my beginning with nest to my current install trying to get it working like I need it to work. Either way good luck my opinion is research and do it on your own so when something isn't right you can fix it.

Attachments

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need some cables run, and some mounting, for example, I will mount one in the garage, the cable is easy to run within the garage but I do not feel confident making a hole in the drywall!

And then I need one more camera mounted on a pole I have outdoors, there is already one camera, I need the second one mounted as well for LPR

It is a pretty simple job, I just want someone I can trust and knowledgeable!

myknownself

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I looked at the regulations in Texas to legally install for somebody else you have to have licensing from the state in alarm system installation. Even if it's not set up as an alarm at all. Or at least how I interpreted the law. Then local codes may require the low voltage certified.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My reason for mentioning the low voltage cert, is that I've seen far too many electricians royally screw up low voltage installs.
How about crimping on coax connections with standard pliers? Yeah, doesn't work out well.