I need help with Security Camera's for Security and for Disability Usage. Bit of a read!

Reaction score
First off a little about us. My So has a severe mobility disability and pain. A lot of times she leaves her bed to go to the Bathroom and that is it. She also has a heck of a time reaching the door to let people in even ones she trust that she just had to give up trying.

So I had bought 4 wyzecam camera's v1 Camera's and had Fang Hack put on them and then used Blue Iris. It was a pretty penny I know it's the cheapest of the cheap but for us on a Fixed Income it was quite a lot.

We then ran into issues with the Camera's staying on and found out that you can't run 4 on any decent single router so then I learned to edit the scripts and set to 5FPS... It also still cut out the Camera quite often but it sort of worked but it also made it so the triggers kept going off for most simple things due to the slide show. To make it worse they are indoor camera's of course so we can't view outside after night their all taped to windows quite ugly.

Either way they are sort of okay. Now we had a break in the area and I found out this was common they stole a Baby Stroller and the same day our Neighbor and old man with terminal cancer drinks and drives all the time and reversed over the barrier right into my front long.

My So is freaking and crying out her condition also causes some mental issues not in the sense she can't think or is not smart but causes a lot of more emotional fright.

Here is the Picture (Took from my phone had no camera's there)
https://i.imgur.com/rj0s4LD.png

So clearly it's time we do something about this. I have 2600k with 8 gigs of ram a 100gig ssd and 500gig hd. I actually had bought this back when I was working and not full time caregiving for someone then they scammed me and never picked it up in the town when they asked for me to pick it up for them doing a fav another long story but hey I got a Decent security box.

So I need to start saving up and every couple months buy a Camera and whatever else.

Here is what I like to do for the future:

- 5 Camera's maybe 6 for our dream view

- Back Garage looking towards the back yard.

- Back Corner looking at the rest the backyard towards the garage.

- Side Back Camera towards the front right side

- Side Back Camera towards the front / driveway / side door (main entrance)

- Camera at the front corner looking at the front door yard to the driveway.

This will get most the Blind spots and also give a nice view for my girlfriend. A Dream Camera I like to do a 6th one would be to mount one on the top peak roof towards the town. We live on a hill and you can actually view a big chunk of the town with the view. It be wonderful for her and let her see our wonderful town.

- Door Bell that Interacts with the house to give off maybe a light flash / custom sound. She sometimes has hearing issues.

- Door Lock system to allow her to unlock the door for a friend or social worker, etc. The issue is now it could take her 10+ min to get to the door in tons of pain if I'm not around.

Then some sort of app for her phone and or pc or even third party device to help interact with some of things things.

With the doors and this part sucks none of the doors in the entire down are deadbolt they are all just handled base doors.... Not sure if there is a lock system like that or if we will have to drill large hole, etc and worry about that a lot..

Clearly this will take us a long time to build up and setup but it will offer her some security and accessibility options but also allow her to enjoy looking at our backyard viewing the road. Just to get out of bed and look at a Window is so much work for her it's not worth it.

So I hope people can give us suggestions, ideas, etc. Maybe you even have other devices you recommend for accessibility. We have a few wall plugs but even those were super expensive we wanted to get light switches but damn their expensive as hell!

Please Note we are Canadian and we ask you to play Link us to Canadian Sites that do ship as we live in a small town due to not being able to live cost wise in a city.

We thank you so much this will help give her some new freedoms!

To Update this I had originally posted this on reddit but since then someone had broke into our neighbors truck he thankfully got it on Camera I had no clue he had one but he fears from the footage he might of been at my place just before. Ugh this place is freaking my So way too much now. We searched for crimes, etc but it seems no one reports them rather they get upset so we heard of 0 crimes before we moved. We moved her for financial reasons anyways.