I present a major award!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe that @fenderman @nayr @bp2008 @Mike @tangent @zero-degrees, and many others that tirelessly help the masses here everyday deserve a Major Award!

Especially Ryan and Fenderman for the crap they put up with daily and haven't yet ran screaming into the night, away from it all. ;)

I have gleaned tons of info from this place, sincerely thank you all!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Agreed. Assisting people over the internet can be a thankless endeavour sometimes, so I stand with @looney2ns in thanking all the individuals listed and any who may have been missed that contribute on a regular basis, looking at you @hmjgriffon.

thanks, it's a hobby and a passion of mine since I got my first cam after I was broken into and I don't want anyone to ever have that feeling or if they do I want to help them build the best system to catch the bastard before, during, or after the act. Thieves can rot in the 9th level of hell. I think I'd like to do camera security stuff for a living somehow but who knows, helping people here is good lol.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thanks, it's a hobby and a passion of mine since I got my first cam after I was broken into and I don't want anyone to ever have that feeling or if they do I want to help them build the best system to catch the bastard before, during, or after the act.
Credit, where credit is due my friend. It's amazing what you end up doing in the quest to solve a problem.

I think I'd like to do camera security stuff for a living somehow but who knows, helping people here is good lol.
100%, would do a better job than 99% of the installers out there no doubt. Speaking with people I know and how much their system cost for HDCVI is quite sad when I do the maths on how much I've spent. Always nice to give back to the community, was one of the intentions I had when registering, had no idea what to replace my old analogue cameras with until I stumbled across this site and 9 cameras later (including a PTZ) here I am.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks, it's a hobby and a passion of mine since I got my first cam after I was broken into and I don't want anyone to ever have that feeling or if they do I want to help them build the best system to catch the bastard before, during, or after the act. Thieves can rot in the 9th level of hell. I think I'd like to do camera security stuff for a living somehow but who knows, helping people here is good lol.
There is something a little bit magical to me about being able to plug in a camera and then log in from anywhere in the world and see through its point of view. So I have also considered doing camera stuff for a living. But I am not a highly social person and you can't just work with cameras without also dealing with customers who feel like you owe them something. Just look at Ken writing Blue Iris all by himself, and think about how many emails he must get every day with people asking for help with basic network setup and blaming Blue Iris for unreliable wifi.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
There is something a little bit magical to me about being able to plug in a camera and then log in from anywhere in the world and see through its point of view. So I have also considered doing camera stuff for a living. But I am not a highly social person and you can't just work with cameras without also dealing with customers who feel like you owe them something. Just look at Ken writing Blue Iris all by himself, and think about how many emails he must get every day with people asking for help with basic network setup and blaming Blue Iris for unreliable wifi.
it's true but you really end up dealing with people no matter what unless you work from home as a dev or something, which you may. I'd be balancing dealing with people, and working for someone else, and the horrible nightmares and stress of poisonous work cultures like the one I just got fed up with and left vs being your own boss, or maybe a partner with someone else. upsides and downsides to each, one bonus on the being your own boss part, you get to make good decisions instead of watching people a lot higher up than you who make a lot more money making some of the stupidest decisions you can imagine. How people end up in those positions I'll never know, it makes me wanna :puke: thinking about it. The world certainly is not a meritocracy.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How people end up in those positions I'll never know
hmj, it's known as the Peter Principle.
The Peter Principle is an observation that the tendency in most organizational hierarchies, such as that of a corporation, is for every employee to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach the levels of their respective incompetence.