I put together a sky/roof rig with (4) 180* Color4K cams...

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I made some changes over the weekend and finished up the grounding of the lightning arrestor.

I decided to move the mount to the back side of the peak to make it less obvious to my neighbors that I’m a little bit off in the head.

With moving it behind the peak, the front, East cam wouldn’t work mounted to the junction box so I decided to mount it to the front roof. I may end up dismantling the junction box rig altogether and mounting them all to the roof this way because I noticed some cracks in the lid and corners of the junction box after only being mounted for a couple months. I’m also considering the roof mount option because I can’t think of any good way to build a stronger enclosure for everything that isn't super cumbersome. I would need to get around the box vent on the backside of the roof for the West camera, but it could possibly just be mounted below it.

The bird poop situation wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, though, which was nice. :poop:

View attachment 188548
View attachment 188549
View attachment 188550
View attachment 188551
It might help putting some Bird Spikes, Bird repellent on top of the junction box.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
It might help putting some Bird Spikes, Bird repellent on top of the junction box.
I have some spikes, but couldn't think of a good way to attach them. I also decided I wasn't too worried with a solution right now if I am going to be re-imagining how the rig is designed.