I really need FTP help with my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

Reaction score
I can get into the configuration menu and set up FTP in the networking tab. The problem is I cannot test the connection as I have to set my Firefox browser to a static IP address in order to talk to the cam. This cuts off the Internet access when I do this. Also I do not see how to set up the camera configuration to take a picture to send via FTP.

What I am trying to accomplish is to simply take a picture every two minutes and upload it to my FTP server. I just do not understand the steps necessary to do this. It would help alot if I knew how to access my camera configuration without the whole setting a static IP routine to do so.

any help would be very much appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..i think you are confusing terms...the camera should be connected to your network and you can access it just like any device on your network...this will not affect your internet access...just open another window...

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I assume your cam is at default ip of 192.0.0.64. If so, you need to set it to use DHCP, then restart it. Now it will get an IP issued by your router and be available to all other devices on the network. You can then use your router to always lock it down with the same IP OR ignore DHCP from the get go and give the camera a static ip in the 192.168.1.x range so that you can access it from other devices.