I would like some advice on installing cameras in my home.

tim67

n3wb
Reaction score
I am very interested in installing cameras in my home. the house was built 4 years ago and all the rooms have 2 cat 6 cables and coax ran to wall plates. there are also multiple lines in the attic that are marked spare. all the wiring is ran to a closet. I would like a few cameras on the exterior watching my doors and most important. I would like to have one hidden in my step daughters room that will record 24/7 I just need to be sure that she is not up to anything. I would like to be able to log in at my office so I can view the cameras. I would need a total of 5 cameras. can anyone let me know what system to get. I would like very high def cameras

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am very interested in installing cameras in my home. the house was built 4 years ago and all the rooms have 2 cat 6 cables and coax ran to wall plates. there are also multiple lines in the attic that are marked spare. all the wiring is ran to a closet. I would like a few cameras on the exterior watching my doors and most important. I would like to have one hidden in my step daughters room that will record 24/7 I just need to be sure that she is not up to anything. I would like to be able to log in at my office so I can view the cameras. I would need a total of 5 cameras. can anyone let me know what system to get. I would like very high def cameras
You do know how the bedroom cam request comes across, right?
You may want to rethink that.

See this:

Attachments