I wouldn't mind at all if BI5 has a "LIVE" button to click

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Am I the only one the keeps forgetting that you have to hit the ESC key to get the BI5 user interface to go from playback mode to live view mode? Maybe there's a button I'm not aware of. I wouldn't mind if the BLUE IRIS logo in the upper left was in fact a click-link to kick BI5 back into live view mode....jus' sayin'....or to toggle between playback and live mode. ;)

Capture.JPG

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Ken at Blue Iris pointed out that there's an X in the upper right corner of the replay window. He calls it Close Viewer which is probably why I never clicked it. I thought it was going to kill the camera windows but rather it just exits you out of replay mode and takes you to live view. I asked him to think about an "emergency LIVE" button that will take you to live view immediately but let you toggle back to replay mode to exactly where you were and with the same replay speed settings. If some of you are like me the doorbell will ring or you'll hear a loud noise coming from outside while in replay mode and you quickly want to see what's going on outside but toggle back quickly to where you left off in replay. Anyhow, it's just food for thought....happy to see him point out the X button as an alternative to hitting the ESC key.

Exit Viewer.JPG

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ken at Blue Iris pointed out that there's an X in the upper right corner of the replay window. He calls it Close Viewer which is probably why I never clicked it. I thought it was going to kill the camera windows but rather it just exits you out of replay mode and takes you to live view. I asked him to think about an "emergency LIVE" button that will take you to live view immediately but let you toggle back to replay mode to exactly where you were and with the same replay speed settings. If some of you are like me the doorbell will ring or you'll hear a loud noise coming from outside while in replay mode and you quickly want to see what's going on outside but toggle back quickly to where you left off in replay. Anyhow, it's just food for thought....happy to see him point out the X button as an alternative to hitting the ESC key.

View attachment 53698
Bottom right corner, click on the live camera that continues showing while reviewing clips. The cam viewed there can be changed.