Icsee Pro issues

Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, long time no speak, apologies.
I have a major issue with Icsee Pro. Nothing works, no reset, no connection. It appears others are having issues too.

Does anyone here use it, if so, do you now have problems?

Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. Interesting read. Except at the bottom where it says "publishd".

I'm moving back to cctv. It's a pain, but what to do?
The irony is that without them, that being the 'ip's. I'm relatively unsecured out here. They caught a lot, which was later prosecuted upon.
The App dev has started responding. ICSEE PRO. Is/was very good at what it did until now. I have yet to find something as good, I've tried a lot of things.

I only have a mini router. I believe port forwarding is an option, but tricky. But that puts me back at base zero vulnerability.

Anywho. Thanks again.

Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update: My wifes phone did not have the recent update for Icsee Pro. It works fine.
I did send all required tech info to app dev 4 hours ago. Not even an auto reply.

Most definitely a broken file update.
There was a title I read somewhere. "Blame the app, not the camera". Something like that. It's correct.

Thank you.

Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For anyone reading this. I have access to my cams again. I did this via share option using a QR code from my wife's working app. Not perfect, but a workaround. Still no reply from support.

So my question is:
If I bought Blue Iris for example. How do you guys keep your computer alive in a blackout situation. We get them regularly here.

Thank you.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I use a UPS and a generator. There is no other way than to replace the power, somehow, during a blackout.

I also use a VPN to view the cameras remotely. Port forwarding is an invitation to be hacked, not necessarily to steal information although that happens far too often, but to have your cameras and computers used in botnet attacks on other site. See the "securing Your Network" article in the Wiki in the blue bar at the top of every page and this link -

VPN Information Thread

Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply. I'll take a good read on this.
I do have to update my local CCTV, no audio which is crucial in my valley, everything can be heard, which can be a bonus as well as a nuisance.
But the addition of audio, a must.
Look as I might, audio with CCTV comes at a huge cost here.

Anyway, thank you very much again, be well