Ideas for coverage? See Pictures

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
If you would funnel your visitors into an entrance and exit gate, you would only have to cover those two choke points. However, that requires fencing all alongst your borders, plus gates (& entrance systems), plus perks can still climb over however with physical trip wires & PIRs it might be easier to catch those. Yes, this is expensive, but gives you more control over who accesses (and permissions to park)...

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very good solution. That is out of the budget, fortunately we aren't a high crime area and just enough of the right cameras and will do it.

good to know that such systems exist. I’ve seen motel types of properties in downtown Los Angeles with lots of iron work to protect off and gate off entrances. Looks scary when done without taste for sure.

Reaction score
I like the idea of the poles, but the issue is that guest room windows face that side for the 2nd floor over hang rooms. We just don’t want to spook out the guests.
That is why I suggested bullets and mounting them higher than normal. It would be obvious that the cam is pointed down.

That cam is an 8-32mm varifocal. Here are a few shots at different FOV. The lens equivalent is listed on the bottom left of each shot.

InkedInkedINTS.20200719_193358952_1_LI.jpgInkedINTS.20200719_194053996_1_LI.jpgInkedINTS.20200719_200626274_1_LI.jpgINTS.20200719_220425245_1.jpg

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmm let me look into it. Thanks for the photos to give an idea. The wiring would be a bit difficult not get to the posts that’s. There is power to the light on that post which happens to be on a timer.

makes more sense to position on the two light posts in parking so that the building is covered vs pointing away from the building to surveillance the neighbors office complex.

are mini bridge devices powered by poe, which also have Poe pass through available? Something like this could probably work as suggeste

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The Nano Loco is PoE but proprietary PoE by Ubiquity, 24 volts instead of 48. You'd also need a PoE switch, 4 port, at each pole along with the Nano Loco to power the cameras. Nothing is ever"simple".

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay let me look into those pieces. I figured maybe a little more wiring.

Would you happen to know if the dome or turrent style non ptz is offered with that kind of lens?