Idiot question time but ...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If I want to save a clip is exporting it the only way and which option do I chose to get the best/closest to the original? I’ve always exported it to MP4 which does a re-encode but wanted the saved clip to be as near to the original as possible.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'v submitted video "evidence" on several occasions and have always supplied MP4, AVI and BVR formats to allow verification of autheniticity.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, exporting to MP4 and leaving the "Re-encode video to H.264" unchecked seems to keep the clip original (i.e. no transcoding).

But I'm not sure and the help file isn't clear when I looked last. I know there are 4 Export encoder profiles in the UI3 but I can't even find them in the BI console.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, exporting to MP4 and leaving the "Re-encode video to H.264" unchecked seems to keep the clip original (i.e. no transcoding).

But I'm not sure and the help file isn't clear when I looked last. I know there are 4 Export encoder profiles in the UI3 but I can't even find them in the BI console.
Yes. Don't check the 're-encode' box. You'll get the original format.