IDMSS =Failed to Connect Over Cellular Data

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I started having "Failed to Connect" Recently on my iphone just over Cellular data, When connected to wifi everything works as it should. No settings on my end have changed. However as I suspected I checked the app store and IDMSS was automatically updated 2 days ago! I know, I know automatic updates = Bad sometimes. They did add a bunch of "Cloud based features". to the app also.

Whatever they did, I cannot connect over Cellular. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or have a work around.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated as well and my cellular is working correctly. I was having problems over WiFi (on vacation) last week before realizing that Xfinity somehow blocks me even when connected to my vpn.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
More experimenting,If I use the P2P on the cloud I can connect over cellular and wifi.
If I connect to my NVR from ip/domain it will not connect over cellular only wifi.

P2P should be fine but I cannot access or tell my PTZ to go to presets, It gives an error that says device not supported. IP/Domain registered lets me go to presets but will not connect over cellular.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update!

I sent Andy some screen shots and an explanation of what was going on so he could let them know about the errors.

Low and behold I checked the App Store and there was an update about an hour ago. Once I installed the update it still was not working but I then removed my device and re-added it and it is working like it should now.

A Big thanks to Andy for helping out and getting some of the issues resolved. It’s great having someone like Andy here on these forums.