iDMSS HD vs Lite

Jedi2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Currently, there are two iPad apps for Dahua.. iDMSS HD is a paid version whereas the Lite version is free. What’s the difference? Is it worth paying the HD version?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Paid version allows access to more device configuration settings and provides Alarm/Alert functionality, though depending on your network setup getting alerts can be very hit or miss, lots of threads on the forum about that..

Jedi2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Paid version allows access to more device configuration settings and provides Alarm/Alert functionality, though depending on your network setup getting alerts can be very hit or miss, lots of threads on the forum about that..
Does it provide access to IR and Day/Night setting?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It doesnt for me, but I'm running NVR's with PoE built in.. I kinda doubt it. Its not intended to be a full featured management app...

Jedi2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It doesnt for me, but I'm running NVR's with PoE built in.. I kinda doubt it. Its not intended to be a full featured management app...
This is disappointing for a paid version. I don’t expect a full featured app but the IR and day/night settings are the common things users would want to tweak and should be in the mobile app. Heck, even Dahua’s OEM Amcrest has almost identical mobile app with IR control setting. Other than alarm management, what additional settings that you find useful and worth paying for?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought it for the Alarm/Alert functionality, which seems to not work as much as it does...Like I said, I'm running a PoE NVR so direct connecting to IP cameras may enable more direct camera features but I can't say..

Jedi2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought it for the Alarm/Alert functionality, which seems to not work as much as it does...Like I said, I'm running a PoE NVR so direct connecting to IP cameras may enable more direct camera features but I can't say..
Ok, I guess I will have to roll a dice to find out. :)